• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How Will Jetblue Management Respond?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not mention that the BoB itself was comprised in part of former and current PVC, management pilots and check airmen. It's not a stretch at all to construe the list as an under the table $hit list. If it only contained contact (or no-contact) information, nobody would care. That it also contained information about the leanings and attitudes of some of the pilots, and was placed into the hands of those who could affect the careers of those pilots, is cause for concern. This is true whether or not it's ever used for that purpose. Its very existance has a chilling effect and promotes a "toe the line or else" attitude. Is that really what we want here?

Could you guys be bigger babies?

First of all the BOB guys were about 100 guys. You only got 600 votes out of almost 2000. Blaming them for your complete failure is like a football team blaming their loss on the sun getting it their eyes, or the grass was too green, or the fans were too loud.

The fact is that you presented your best arguments, the other side presented theirs and the pilots chose. You could barely get 1/3 of the vote.

And so what if the BOB kept a list of people that did not want to be contacted. JBPA obviously kept a list of it's supporters. Mike Sorbie has acknowledge they did and it would be silly of both groups not to. You're getting you panties in a wad over nothing.

Your time would be more productively spent looking at why you lost and why your message did not persuade the majority. That's the only way the next attempt will go better for you.

This denying jumpeat BS is only going to reinforce the reasons some didn't want to be part of your organization.
Hair,
Whether you like it or not, Jetblue has matured. Management had a clear path to keeping a union drive dead. They simply needed to keep > 35% of the pilot group feeling like they had a fair deal. That did not happen. No matter how you look at it management failed at that. Once the cards were dropped, it triggered a new era for Jetblue. All of us were forced to make a decision. I am not sure who concieved the idea for the Bobs, but they decided to sign up individually. A lot of these pilots are pretty good guys (not sure of the gals) who honestly see the good of what the original Jetblue was trying to achieve. Things probably would have gone fine if we kept growing and making money. That stopped with the downturn in the economy. Many of these pilots were "leaders" ie check airman, PVC folks etc.
I really think these folks were brave for coming out for their beliefs, but what I do not think they counted on was the realities of this industry. It is a tough industry where most pilots are unionized. I think it was brave but naive for many of them not to think this through. There were, however, guys like Nick who were...disgraceful in their positions and their misrepresentations of the facts and now the Bobs who were just naive will be painted with the same brush as Nick. We will now either be sold, something good will come out of the effort, or there will be a union drive every year till this passes. The Bob list sadly(for the naive) but predictably will live on forever.

Hair,
Whether you like it or not, Jetblue has matured. Management had a clear path to keeping a union drive dead. They simply needed to keep > 35% of the pilot group feeling like they had a fair deal. That did not happen. No matter how you look at it management failed at that. Once the cards were dropped, it triggered a new era for Jetblue. All of us were forced to make a decision. I am not sure who concieved the idea for the Bobs, but they decided to sign up individually. A lot of these pilots are pretty good guys (not sure of the gals) who honestly see the good of what the original Jetblue was trying to achieve. Things probably would have gone fine if we kept growing and making money. That stopped with the downturn in the economy. Many of these pilots were "leaders" ie check airman, PVC folks etc.
I really think these folks were brave for coming out for their beliefs, but what I do not think they counted on was the realities of this industry. It is a tough industry where most pilots are unionized. I think it was brave but naive for many of them not to think this through. There were, however, guys like Nick who were...disgraceful in their positions and their misrepresentations of the facts and now the Bobs who were just naive will be painted with the same brush as Nick. We will now either be sold, something good will come out of the effort, or there will be a union drive every year till this passes. The Bob list sadly(for the naive) but predictably will live on forever.

Yes it will.
I just got my copy.

Not mention that the BoB itself was comprised in part of former and current PVC, management pilots and check airmen. It's not a stretch at all to construe the list as an under the table $hit list. If it only contained contact (or no-contact) information, nobody would care. That it also contained information about the leanings and attitudes of some of the pilots, and was placed into the hands of those who could affect the careers of those pilots, is cause for concern. This is true whether or not it's ever used for that purpose. Its very existance has a chilling effect and promotes a "toe the line or else" attitude. Is that really what we want here?

If true, this should really cause some concern among average line pilots. This is bald-faced intimidation, nothing more.

If true, this should really cause some concern among average line pilots. This is bald-faced intimidation, nothing more.

Of course the BOB's dont see it that way nor do any of the pilots that werent labeled as "union" like I was. I have got all my ducks lined up if the company tries to come after me.

Originally Posted by Blue Dude

To believe that there exists a list of union-supporters, linked with comments about "leanings and attitudes" to be used against line pilots, ranks one high up on the consipiracy theory list.

Kind of silly calling BOB members naive when you think everyone is out to get you.

I've got news for ya. They're not.

Spoken like a true BoB.

The list has these headings:
Name Outlook-Address-Camp-Change Camp-1st mailer-2nd Mailer-Sen#-Emp No-Base-Type-Eqpt-Seat

If you don't think that information can be used against you if need be then you are clearly naive or just a BoB.

I repeat, with emphasis...
To believe that there exists a list of union-supporters, linked with comments about "leanings and attitudes" to be used against line pilots, ranks one high up on the consipiracy theory list.

I didn't say the list does not exist. The issue is those who believe that it will be used in any way, in any form, against any pilot...

Phuuleez... Show me something that says it will be used. Illuminate a case where it has been the cause of a hardship for our line pilots. Show me something that proves this nonsensical contention!

You can't, and you won't be able to. Conspiracy theorys abound, but their presence doesn't make them true.

Naive, indeed.

(By the way, I'm not a BoB'er--and probably not who you think I am. )

Latest resources

Back