Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How & When Will The Other Fractionals Respond to NJA TA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pretty much on target. Remember that most 8-10 yr captains at Flops are on about 3-4 yr captain pay on their jacked scale...and 3-4 yr captain pay on their scale is equivalent to starting SIC pay at NJs. Let me emphasive that in an equation:

9 yr Flops Captian = STARTING @#$#@ SIC NJA

Um....anyone have any questions why the Flops guys could give two Sh!ts if their company goes under?

By the way, the equivalency in pay is BEFORE you factor in less days worked by the NJA guy, full benefits paid for, Holiday pay, overtime situations, and any grievances....

Pretty much on target. Remember that most 8-10 yr captains at Flops are on about 3-4 yr captain pay on their jacked scale...and 3-4 yr captain pay on their scale is equivalent to starting SIC pay at NJs. Let me emphasive that in an equation:

9 yr Flops Captian = STARTING @#$#@ SIC NJA

Um....anyone have any questions why the Flops guys could give two Sh!ts if their company goes under?

By the way, the equivalency in pay is BEFORE you factor in less days worked by the NJA guy, full benefits paid for, Holiday pay, overtime situations, and any grievances....
Why not compare UPS pay to NJA pay? You would think the "New England Patriots" of the fractional industry could at least match that of the a cargo hauler. Isn't 2nd year UPS F/O pay $120k a year? Now there's a contract!

Why not compare UPS pay to NJA pay? You would think the "New England Patriots" of the fractional industry could at least match that of the a cargo hauler. Isn't 2nd year UPS F/O pay $120k a year? Now there's a contract!
Sorry guys, he has a good point.

To look beyond just pay, there are many quality of life benefits our contract has over UPS and other companies.
Is it the 7 days away from your wife or the 12 says off a month? Maybe it's the lack of a pension or defined contribution plan. At least you can get a new contract in a couple of years.

Hey Jonjuan,
Ask Delta, UsAir and United guys what a pension has done for them. As far as I'm concerned give me the money now and let me screw it up. I'll take what we have any day of the week at NJA. Remember rome wasn't built in a day, but once it's built it has stood.

Well there are certainly positives and negatives at every job, though in my opinion the positives far outweigh the negatives at NetJets. Then again JJ, wherever you work is probably perfect in every regard. Maybe I can work for your company some day. Cheers! :)

Last edited:
Hi!

2nd Year Pay at UPS is about $99K.

I did not apply (yet) at UPS because of the commuting issues and high crashpad costs in ANC. If NJA turns me down, then I'll apply at UPS.

If I was single, or my CEO was up for it, I would've applied at UPS and moved to ANC if I was hired.

cliff
YIP

Maybe because we're comparing companies within the same segment of aviation? Reread the title to this thread. It's that whole apples to apples thing...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back