• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How was the ATL job fair?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Maybe because you guys were getting personal in your attacks (about someone you have never even met, no less).

Apparently, Bobby isn't some sort of freaking abuse monkey, and decided to stop wasting his time arguing with an a-hole like Hugh. . . . that would be my guess.

College degree not required

Interesting, Yip, how you back down quickly off your boom prediction when confronted . . . You're backing down further. Take that bet to Vegas, Yip.There is always hiring, Yip. No one should know better than you, who hires pilots. But don't expect a boom, or hiring in the same proportions, as in 1987-'91 and 1997-2000. When you and Kit predict a hiring boom, people think of those years. In so doing, you mislead people and get their hopes up falsely. Hopefully, your predictions are disregarded.Get one for me, too. :rolleyes:
The predicted June 2007 hiring boom is in full swing. With the post hiring boom frantic search for pilots the college degree means nothing in getting a job today, SWA, NJ are just looking for good pilots. Degree not necessary

Did you get her resume?

Hi!

When I was in training at Trans States, I met an older lady, who I assumed was a tourist?

She was 56 and she was a new hire-several classes ahead of me, at Trans States.

I could see how one interviewer would hire a specific person, and another would reject them due to age or some other factor as the interviewing experience is so random and depends on the personal judgements of the interviewer, in many cases.

I do know that previously Delta was rejecting anyone who didn't have 20-20 vision, which could have been a way to not hire older pilots.

Cliff
YIP
Cliff, she must be over 60 now, maybe she wants to fly the DA-20 ?

The predicted June 2007 hiring boom is in full swing. With the post hiring boom frantic search for pilots the college degree means nothing in getting a job today, SWA, NJ are just looking for good pilots. Degree not necessary
SWA and NJ just looking for good pilots? Crack smoking... ;)

Seriously, with the rumors of Netjets' new T.A., they are able to be VERY picky these days and aren't just "looking for good pilots".

Neither is SWA, who still has a 60% fail rate on the 1st attempt and a 30-40% (depending on source) fail rate on the 2nd.

College degree STILL required at several of the majors that are hiring right now (most of the good ones).

It has become less of a factor for places like United who USED to be RELIGIOUS about it (and had enough apps to afford to be picky) but with their low pay and questionable future (parking airplanes?), it's become a bit harder for them to get the quality of applicant they want, i.e. instead of sweetening the pie, they lower the bar.

Wonder how low it can go?

Would like to hear how today's career fair goes from anyone who ends up going... I wonder where the longest lines are going to be? I'll bet it's not United (public announcement of possibly parking airplanes) or AirTran (public announcement this week of stopping growth if oil prices don't decline).

This is an old thread, the one where bobbysans made his last post. He still lurks here but does not post, I wanted to pull his chain with the college degree thing which sends him into orbit, Lets see if he comes back.

Heard from cp having a hard time filling up classes.guys don't show up,don't even bother a curtousy call to the hiring department.imagine a second that T/A would have passed with new hire f/o pay cut;we would be begging flight instructors to come fly for us.

America is the land of opportunity for a reason.anyone who has been an expatriate can tell you.if by age 35-40 you haven't settle in a career {whatever career it might be) you're basically toast.
I know an architect student,56 years old,done with raising her kids,she already received a job offer with the city of philadelphia ,only in America.

This is an old thread, the one where bobbysans made his last post. He still lurks here but does not post, I wanted to pull his chain with the college degree thing which sends him into orbit, Lets see if he comes back.

Let's hope he doesn't.

Heard from cp having a hard time filling up classes.guys don't show up,don't even bother a curtousy call to the hiring department.imagine a second that T/A would have passed with new hire f/o pay cut;we would be begging flight instructors to come fly for us.

If you are taking about AT? I don't know how true it is my buddy just interviewed and they only hired 3 out of the 9 interviewed.

Latest resources

Back