• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How to tell if you are flying with someone that has passed 60

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If this age 65 issue is the only one you will face for the rest of your career, consider yourself extremely lucky.

Ooooooo! Threating us all with MORE????

Go ahead, tell us what you've got planned next. Age 66.5? Gonna sign off on Open Skies as you walk out the door? Insist age 60+ pilot uniforms include cape and sceptre? What? I know you're dying to tell us all.

Unfortunately, with the replies I have read, a number of those under 60 have no sense of humor or no idea of the history of the airline industry.

It's a lot easier to have a sense of humor when you've just beaten the system and "earned" 5 more years then when you've had 5 years stolen away like the younger crowd here. You want to see someone without a sense of humor? Ask someone who turned 60 in November.

And Age 65 isn't the worst thing to happen during my career. It's just the latest thing to happen to my career.

It's called LIFE.
go ahead and make plans. see how that works out.
Roll with it, adapt, and move on. the whining gets old and bothersome.

No one stole any thing from you. you set your self up with expectations that you though were set in stone. well guess what, stone crumbles.

Make a plan B, c, and D for now. and keep moving forward.

Whaa somebody toke something from me I never had. BLA BLA BLA

Now go get me some coffee.

It's called LIFE.

Thanks dad, good talk. I feel so much better. Who are you, Ward Cleaver?

No one stole any thing from you. you set your self up with expectations that you though were set in stone. well guess what, stone crumbles.

My expectation was an FAR. What was I thinking? What if you woke up and I told you I re-shuffled the seniority list and you were on the bottom? And then I told you to get over it...roll with it?

Again, thank you Ward Cleaver for your wise counsel. You are truly a Sage. Step ahead of you, though. I own a franchise business which I am trying to expand into multiple locations. Wrap your mind around this. I want to fly because I love it, not because I get off on bossing my FOs around and being a tyrant to flight attendants.

Aaaah..........what? Are you sober when you get on the net and write this stuff? "Toke and pass, toke and pass". Is that maybe what you're trying to say?

Sure I'll get you coffee, skipper. You embarrass both of us when you fall asleep and drool on your tatered, un-pressed uniform. What? The coffee taste funny? Wow, I can't imagine why......

You know what? I actually feel better after writing a response to your insightful post. Thanks man! Happy New Year!

My expectation was an FAR. What was I thinking? What if you woke up and I told you I re-shuffled the seniority list and you were on the bottom? And then I told you to get over it...roll with it?

He'd scream like a b!tch and whine and sue until he got his way, which is just what happened here.....LOL!

Flopgut wrote:

You are paranoid aren't you!!!
Do you think this is the only issue you will ever face? Try:
Bankruptcy
Furlough
Recession
Accident
FAR violation
Loss of medical
Termination
Fire
Hijacking
Shootings
The list goes on and on.

I suppose when you get to age 60 you will live up to your principles and retire so those junior may move up a notch.

No Joy so I guess that eliminates most B1900 pilots right?

It's called LIFE.

Fascinating. Thank you for such a great suggestion.

Too bad guys in your generation weren't capable of making a plan B. Then we wouldn't have to change a rule JUST for your sake.

Flopgut wrote:

You are paranoid aren't you!!!
Do you think this is the only issue you will ever face? Try:
Bankruptcy
Furlough
Recession
Accident
FAR violation
Loss of medical
Termination
Fire
Hijacking
Shootings
The list goes on and on.

I suppose when you get to age 60 you will live up to your principles and retire so those junior may move up a notch.

Hey pal, how about if I plan for a rainy day, you do the same?!

No one wants to move "up" a notch so much as they don't want to be moved down a notch. Which is really what has happened here.

Seriously, why don't you go ahead and tell us all what crap you're going to have to pull next. I don't want to gripe, you don't want to hear me, so spill it? What do I have to warn my rep is coming from the old guys next?

Latest resources

Back