• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How to tell if you are flying with someone that has passed 60

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Oh, I thought the name of this thread was "How to tell someone you're flying with has passed." Not "....Passed 60." But is there a difference?

Fascinating. Thank you for such a great suggestion.

Too bad guys in your generation weren't capable of making a plan B. Then we wouldn't have to change a rule JUST for your sake.

try plan q,r and t.
Like I said it is called life.
I built a house in the country. now the county needs money so they approve a development right next to me.
Things change, that all I am saying. thw whining and blaming just gets old. Like a nagging ex wife. you just start to ignore them.

Use your time to think of the positives. surly there have to be some positives. Like all of the guys who will medical out before 65 (unexpected movement)
I didn't expect to be stuck at a company who went bankrupt, or that unions would cave on Backpay making contract negotiation a joke, or that the housing market would tank making my house not worth what I owe.
But hey thats life. I have to deal with it.
and By the way I want to be done with flying for money in 3 years (age 45) so you can have my slot when I am done with it. that is what plan T is. The only one I have some control over.
Face it when you are the employee you do what you are told by those who control your purse strings.

Hey pal, how about if I plan for a rainy day, you do the same?!

No one wants to move "up" a notch so much as they don't want to be moved down a notch. Which is really what has happened here.

Seriously, why don't you go ahead and tell us all what crap you're going to have to pull next. I don't want to gripe, you don't want to hear me, so spill it? What do I have to warn my rep is coming from the old guys next?
How 'bout you swing that gear, get that clearance, do that walk around, and my favorite, check those fuel doors for a few extra years!
Whiner
PBR

Ok...Here goes...

A 65 Year old capt, his 50 hear old Fo and a 40 year old FE all on a transoceanic to Madrid....

Conversation goes something like this....

FE: "Man, gettin old Sucks, everymorning my prostate wakes me up to pee at 5:00 AM...Cant go back to sleep. Really sucks when you're in 6 time zones from home".

Fo:"Yea, I no what you mean, My Irriatal Bowl Syndrom wakes me up every mornin at 6:00AM....yep same thing... no sleep.

Old CA: Man I don't why you lads are complaining!! EVERY MORNING I piss like a race horse at 6:00am and Sh!t like a pig at 7:00AM. And I have no sleeping problems away from home...Cuz I dont get up 'til 9:00AM!!

V1

Ok...Here goes...

A 65 Year old capt, his 50 hear old Fo and a 40 year old FE all on a transoceanic to Madrid....

Conversation goes something like this....

FE: "Man, gettin old Sucks, everymorning my prostate wakes me up to pee at 5:00 AM...Cant go back to sleep. Really sucks when you're in 6 time zones from home".

Fo:"Yea, I no what you mean, My Irriatal Bowl Syndrom wakes me up every mornin at 6:00AM....yep same thing... no sleep.

Old CA: Man I don't why you lads are complaining!! EVERY MORNING I piss like a race horse at 6:00am and Sh!t like a pig at 7:00AM. And I have no sleeping problems away from home...Cuz I dont get up 'til 9:00AM!!

V1

Hey parder, I don't know what your problem is, but I'll bet it's hard to pronounce. I'll try being nicer, if you'll try being smarter.

How 'bout you swing that gear, get that clearance, do that walk around, and my favorite, check those fuel doors for a few extra years!
Whiner
PBR

Whiner??

That's Captain Flopgut to you.

Oh BTW, I do walk arounds and get clearances every leg. Got no ego problem.

Whiner??

That's Captain Flopgut to you.

Oh BTW, I do walk arounds and get clearances every leg. Got no ego problem.

Does the chinstrap chaffe your skin on the walk around?

Latest resources

Back