• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How to save the Airline Industry

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Edit: ps: I have a hard enough time swallowing that I am now going to pay for some United guys pension.

Willow, educate yourself a bit before you make false comments like the one above.

Yank McCobb said:
Yep...I'm LOL:p

At a jacka$$ who works for one of the extreme bottom feeders in YIP.

Who cares what you think. It's obvious WHY you think the way you do. Everyone here should just let you go on your merry way. You are what you are and you think what you think and noone gives a crap.

So keep those auto parts moving, and keep those pilots in line. Jacka$$.

First of all, if you would bother to look at my profile, I dont fly freight anymore pinweed. Secondly I dont know of ANY operator that uses the 80 series for freight. Third, If one wants to see the true jacka$$, go through your previous post's. Most are jacka$$ like comments,,,I bet your the type of captain I fly with that makes 6 figures and yet scowers the cabin for an old newspaper,,,all while the F/A's are laughing at ya.

Someone else posted about my 240/year comments. If you would bother to see how this thread started it would be in the proper context for you. There are plenty of 400 drivers out there that are a finacial sap on the companies at the moment, salary/productivity, wise.

As far as the PBGC goes, I know it is paid by other companies that are paying insuarance, MY COMPANY, which still bugs me.

Last edited:
Vortex, you sound like pilotyip, must be something in the water at YIP

pilotyip said:
Vortex, you sound like pilotyip, must be something in the water at YIP

Thats what they keep saying. Want to know what it is?

A HEALTHY DOSE OF REALITY!!!

Although that airport has its own set of problems,,,keeping it real isnt one of them.

Last edited:
WillowRunVortex said:
So our tax dollars are supposed to "prop-up" unprofitable business? Thats what regulation was,,,,NO THANKS!

Edit: ps: I have a hard enough time swallowing that I am now going to pay for some United guys pension.
Hey Jack***,

Looks like the right even has you scared. Why don't you do some of your own research so you don't sound like an idiot.

Money PBGC Takes In and Pays Out
PBGC is not funded by general tax revenues. PBGC collects insurance premiums from employers that sponsor insured pension plans, earns money from investments and receives funds from pension plans it takes over. PBGC pays monthly retirement benefits, up to a guaranteed maximum, to about 518,000 retirees in 3,479 pension plans that ended. Including those who have not yet retired and participants in multiemployer plans receiving financial assistance, PBGC is responsible for the current and future pensions of about 1,061,000 people.

This is straight from their website.

WillowRunVortex said:
First of all, if you would bother to look at my profile, I dont fly freight anymore pinweed. Secondly I dont know of ANY operator that uses the 80 series for freight.

Sounds like NK.

WillowRunVortex said:
LOL,,,what, you dont feel that a guy should get paid $240,000 a year to work 8 days a month? If your an exec at a corp and you make 240 a year your a$$ workes 80 hours a week and you probably graduated from Harvard. Well good news,,,neither does natural economic forces. A re-alignment BACK into reality is underway for Legacy pilots as we speak. Your comment is probably gonna get ya blasted by some crusty, clockin a quarter mil, but livin off 30k of it because of the train reck a career in this industry leaves behind. I mean come on guys a quarter mil to yank and bank? We're not brain surgeons. If you need proof just read any thread in here.

Did you get an F in English? You don't make any sense.
Yeah, I am sure all the execs work 80 hours a week. Maybe on the golf course.

WillowRunVortex said:
No,,,we did it to ourselves,,,well United started with the unprecedented pay scales in the 90's,,,which most airlines matched,,,now look. Complete schambles. I dont hear any of those guys on the radio now pipin up with "owner operator"

Last I checked, the pilots are not the ones who set the ticket prices well below what they should be. Yeah, we did it to ourselves. You really need to put the crack pipe down. By the way, how do you afford drugs on our pathetic pilot pay?

SDF2BUF2MCO said:
Unfortunately, I think the execs lose sight of this and focus on "shareholder" value and Wall Street instead.

I think it's more like, the execs lose sight of everything but their GREEDY LITTLE SELVES. They don't give a $hit about anyone but themselves.....not their employees, not their shareholders, not anyone. Look at all the slimeballs out there. Orensteen (or whatever that $hitheads name is), Kozlowski (hi, I need a $6,000 shower curtain while I am stabbing everyone in the back) and countless others. If they actually had a conscience, they would not give themselves a raise while basically blackmailing everyone else into pay cuts.

The Board of Directors approve the executive's compensation package. Which is a contract negotiated and signed before the exec goes to work.

Maybe the judgement of the BOD needs to be questioned.

Latest resources

Back