• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How to Properly Land a C-172.....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What happened? You go to the interview and all the DCA weeines get hired and you got the door? This was a thread about landing a dang airplane. Atleast they worked for the hours in their logbook instead of buying them at gulfstream. 'nough said.

Three things. I'm just trying to help the DCA boys and girls make a wise decision, mesa is hell, its worth holding out for anyone else. Second, I had no intention of hijacking the point of this thread, again just a brief sidenote trying to help people at DCA (although I kinda happy certain particular people went to mesa, some people deserve the torture). And third, I unfortunately in some ways and fortunately in other ways did the whole thing at DCA, just think about it, you'll figure out who I am, or maybe not I have been gone for quite a while now.

is N89989 still there, that plane rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I teach 65 KIAS on approach, easing power out as approaching the threshold, power idle over threshold, level off at idle over the runway and ease back on the stick and the usual "don't let it land, don't let it land!" until touchdown. That'll usually get you to touchdown with the stallhorn. As aforementioned, 65-70 all the way to the runway will give you a non-trivial amount of float under most conditions. If you start easing back on the power before the threshold (from 65) and have it all the way out over the threshold, you should be crossing the runway at about 60 which, in my experience, works out quite nicely.

Latest resources

Back