How to Pack

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
LegacyDriver said:
Can I wear my boots with my denim shorts to dinner?

i just saw a mom and her 4-5 year old kid at the supermarket the other day. the kid was wearing a red and black shorts outfit with matching cowboy boots.

the only thing that ran through my mind was "jeez..can you imagine the thousands of dollars in therapy bills that this kid has in his future"

BuddhaJ said:
its a very complex equation...

Yes, and for me the equation also involves picking casual stuff that will mix-n-match with as many uniform items as possible (the 'part 91 uniform', the full 135 monkey suit, and the uniform accessories) to save space and redundancy.

A few years ago I was on an overnight with a Captain whose fashion sense was nil, or who really didn't care; I ran into him in the hallway of the hotel wearing Bermuda-type floral pattern shorts, white uniform T-shirt, sneakers and black socks that were pulled up to the calves.

There needs to be a training class on this type of stuff. Maybe a series of King tapes, or a T.V. show (Queer Eye for the Pilot Guy?).

Every flight department I've worked at the only reason we had standardized attire was that there were a few who had zero fashion sense. And of course it was the people who couldn't put themselves together in the first place that did the most complaining about whatever the chosen uniform was...

bigD said:
I don't wear shorts unless the end at or below my knee.

Flip flops are fine with anything - just don't wear socks with them!

Glad to know I'm not the only one that thinks this way. The guys at work razz me all the time because I'm not ready for an on the spot golf game at any given moment:)

"new toys...psp is awesome...does anyone know if they rent the umd videos yet? i ain't buying 2 copies of the GF movies."

I usually pack my 20GB iRiver (beats iPod in so many ways,) Sony PSP, and/or portable DVD player or laptop. You can rent PSP games and UMD movies from Gamerang.com. They mail them to you like Netflix. I'll usually bring the digital camera too if I'm going someplace exotic...Oh yeah, I'll also pack the wakeboard, snowboard, or bodyboard too depending on the location or time of year. I still rent dive equipment...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back