Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No, you cannot buy a Blue Dart.:)

Oh God... I can see it now... ;)

eBay item # 897223958 Guaranteed hiring at jetBlue Airways!

This auction is for one Blue Dart I was given. I don't have any friends who want to come here since I came from the Corporate world, so some lucky guy or gal is going to get their "dream shot"!

Bidding starts at $10,000... take a 2nd mortgage on your home, get Mom and Dad to pay for it, whatever it takes, right?

p.s. This is all tongue-in-cheek, just remembering WHY we at Northwest and family have to ride ALONG WITH our companion passes now because some sh*t head decided to auction his/her companion passes on eBay... *sigh*

Eagleflip said:
(...sigh...think
There is one other option, called the "Blue Dart." Certain JetBlue pilots receive a one-time, randomly selected "buy." In other words, if you know a JetBlue pilot and he/she receives a Blue Dart, they can use it to get you an interview--that's it....Just the interview. And once they've used it, they never get another.

No, you cannot buy a Blue Dart.:)

That's about it. The good old boy network, if it existed in the first place, is no longer an option.

Good luck.

How does a Jet Blue pilot earn a blue dart?

CAL EWR B737 said:
How does a Jet Blue pilot earn a blue dart?

CAL,

Its purely random. Computer selects that pilot to get one, you get a phone call saying you got a blue dart. I know you only get one, and I dont know how often a year theyre given out.

zkmayo said:
CAL,

Its purely random. Computer selects that pilot to get one, you get a phone call saying you got a blue dart. I know you only get one, and I dont know how often a year theyre given out.

Interesting concept. Is Al Spain still the head of Flight Operations? I never met Al but only heard good things about him at CAL. Is Dave Barger still the President of Jet Blue, I think he was the EWR hub Vice President before he left for Jet Blue?

CAL EWR B737 said:
Interesting concept. Is Al Spain still the head of Flight Operations? I never met Al but only heard good things about him at CAL. Is Dave Barger still the President of Jet Blue, I think he was the EWR hub Vice President before he left for Jet Blue?

Yes to both.

Thanks for everyone's help! I've always had someone hand in my resume or mailed it so the CP or some in particular in the HR department. At least this online app isn't a pain in my arse like on airlinepilot apps.

Thanks,

Doug Parker said:

Become female (if you aren't already)

Wooooooo hoooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am gooooooood!

I read the title and said to my friend "I wonder how many posts till some tool says 'become female'."

They have a similiar thing to the blue dart program at Embry-Riddle. Only it is used to get someone an interview for a CFI position. Also, it is called the blue buttplug. They are still selected at random.

Latest resources

Back