How to Land a Job at JetBlue!!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
seahorse said:
If you can clean toilets and pick up trash, you should be on the right track.

Or if you can suck the chrome off a big fat Harley's tail pipe, like Seahorse is known to do, then you're in.

Tell them that you're eager to fly a 100 seat narrow body airliner for commuter wages, so you can show all those legacy pilots what idiots they are.

(...sigh...think patience...think...of...beaches....and....waves...don't... respond.....)

Ahem. All better.

To answer your question, Why, to get a job at JetBlue you simply have to fill out the on line application and wait. Bear in mind that we have a lot of apps on file--last unofficial word was about 13,000.

Assuming you meet the mins, your app then gets churned in the computer mix and spit out if it meets the criteria established by our People Department. What is that criteria? Dunno...but I am told that the computer still selects interview nominees from a mix of ex-military, corporate, 121 and freight types. The actual interview mix is an eclectic group, which has worked well for the company thus far.

There are only two things that you can do to enhance your application. First, continue gathering experience, especially PIC time. Make sure you update your application monthly, btw.

Second, if you know anyone at JetBlue whom you've flown with (assuming you did not scare them ;) ), ask them to write an internal letter of recommendation. That short letter goes directly into the computer system and is attached as part of your application. While I cannot attest to the effectiveness of the internal LOR on getting you an interview, I know that LORs do not hurt you. (We have hired several people without a single LOR, by the way, so if you don't know anyone you are still in the running.)

There is one other option, called the "Blue Dart." Certain JetBlue pilots receive a one-time, randomly selected "buy." In other words, if you know a JetBlue pilot and he/she receives a Blue Dart, they can use it to get you an interview--that's it....Just the interview. And once they've used it, they never get another.

No, you cannot buy a Blue Dart.:)

That's about it. The good old boy network, if it existed in the first place, is no longer an option.

Good luck.

Eagleflip said:
There is one other option, called the "Blue Dart." Certain JetBlue pilots receive a one-time, randomly selected "buy." In other words, if you know a JetBlue pilot and he/she receives a Blue Dart, they can use it to get you an interview--that's it....Just the interview. And once they've used it, they never get another.

No, you cannot buy a Blue Dart.:)

I had a bowl of Stagg chili and some beer last night. I've got as many Blue Darts as you want.

Latest resources

Back