How to get into corporate

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just walk on in!

I landed my current position with a Fortune 100 company by walking into the hangar after one of the jets pulled in. Turned out the CP was on that trip. After a 20 minute conversation the seed was planted. A few months of phone calls, repeat visits, and updated resumes, I got an offer. Just showing up at the hangar door worked with this company. Hard to say what the majority of the big departments would do in this situation. Good luck!

Thanks all. So, does anyone want to adopt me:D? But seriously, I don't work/live where there is much corporate traffic and if their is some, I'm never around when the plane show's up. My current job keeps me hopping all day and work 5 to 6 days each week. The only time I see a corporate jet in "action" is when departure control says to me "Navajoxxxx turn south so that Gulfstream can get on his way in a hurry":) Not much corporate action in Fairbanks, AK, except for oil planes heading north. Thanks again.

Flemdog said:
I landed my current position with a Fortune 100 company by walking into the hangar after one of the jets pulled in. Turned out the CP was on that trip. After a 20 minute conversation the seed was planted. A few months of phone calls, repeat visits, and updated resumes, I got an offer. Just showing up at the hangar door worked with this company. Hard to say what the majority of the big departments would do in this situation. Good luck!

Just walked in the door as the plane was being pulled in?

Just be careful, some may have airport security on your a$$ quicker than you can pull out that resume...

Just what I have seen in the past...

Nowadays is no time to "drop in" as the door is being closed.

At many airports TSA tries this and if they get through the door the company gets a very large fine!

JUST A THOUGHT.

G200 / TD Turbo,
I cant speak for all corporate flight departments but I know we welcome vistors into our hangar anytime there is a CP, ACP or other pilot available to meet them and show them around. I dont think that just walking in through an open hangar door is appropriate which is why I mentioned the part about the guy or girl working the front desk.
We have been tested numerous times by the TSA and the problem or even monetary fine occurs when the TSA agent is allowed to access the AOA via your company hangar without being challenged. No fine for someone showing up in your lobby, being buzzed in by the receptionist and given a tour by a company employee. I realize not all operations are set up like this, but I still wouldnt discourage someone from visiting their company of choice in person. Just go about it in a proper, respectful manner.

See there not all us corp. guys are "uptight priks". Just kidding. Have great weekend.

I agree with Mercury. I know you work in Alaska, but if you ever are near CGF pm me and I will be happy to show you around our hanger

Flemdog said:

Doesn't hurt that you have experience flying the F-18....;)

On Your Six said:
Doesn't hurt that you have experience flying the F-18....;)

I wish it were my dashing good looks, but you are perhaps correct. It didn't hurt that's for sure.

Semper Fly,

Flem

i got a fortune 100 job that lasted 16 years by walking in off the street with resume, suit & fresh haircut. It can work but it helps to have someone on the inside passing info. as in all things--timing is everything.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back