How to get into corporate

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flyc46

Hi guys and galls. This probably has already been adressed numerous times but can't figure out how to search this topic so please bear with me. Wondering how to get into a corporate job. Seems like all the jobs I see you got to either be typed in AC or have x amount of time in said AC. Do you need to get on with a 135 operator first? Here is a quick run down of my times. Also, I have ATP.
Total: 6326
PIC: 2527
SIC: 3749
Multi PIC: 1321 Mostly Navajo
Multi: 5024
Turbo prop SIC: 2468 B-1900
FE DC-6: 341
Thanks.

With corporate...it's all who ya know.

I would say you should consider buying a new pair of knee pads. Get down on them and beg. If you know what I mean.:rolleyes:

With your time, I would start at your 135 operators. Or maybe get some aircraft ownership info from a local FBO...It is all about 'who' you know, not 'what' you know!! Good luck!

Koslen said:
I would say you should consider buying a new pair of knee pads. Get down on them and beg. If you know what I mean.:rolleyes:
It's a sad state of affairs, eh? I've been sending out resumes for 3+ years with no bites (decent ones, anyway).

What gets me is, and you see it on here, is people who post messages trying to locate their roommates flight instructors uncles checkairmans first officer whom he met once who flies for [insert company or airline here] to score a recommendation.

I guess I just have too much pride.

skiav8tor said:
It is all about 'who' you know, not 'what' you know!!
...or as my friend's dad says: "it's not who you know, it's who you [what the wind does]"

And before someone comments on my perceived bad attitude (and after that rant, rightfully so), it never shows. I'm just a bit frustrated.

[/rant off, vent closed]

How To Get Into Corporate

It's all about learning the Secret Handshake. (I'd show you, but not knowing you, I'd then have to terminate you, with extreme prejudice!).

Networking and having friends and contacts on the inside are also pretty much indispensable.

FlyC46,

If you know of a few corporate departmetns in your area that you are interested in: 1) Put together a resume addressed to that specific company and a cover letter addresssed to the CP or DO 2) Put on your shirt and tie and pay them a visit. Ask for the CP or DO and introduce yourself, drop off the resume and thank them for their time. (Oh yeah be real nice to the folks at the front desk they often determine if you get to see the man or not) 3) UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE and oh yeah UPDATE your resumes every 4-6 months. I assist our CP in the hiring/interview process for our dept. and we keep two folders of resumes. The folks who apply once and never update and the ones that update on a regular basis and show a continued interest in working for our company. I guarantee that when the time comes to interview we go with the people who have "stayed in touch"

Hope this helps a little, Good Luck with your search and PM me if you have any specific questions.

Keep one thing in mind...

these days some departments really look down on you just dropping by.

Its pretty standard procedure to call first...the days of wandering around the field and walking into hangars are over.

(Like these uptight priks were never looking for a job, ya know?)

:rolleyes: .

Latest resources

Back