How Obamacare is affecting Delta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Left out an important fact general.
Like the fact that he is 5'2" 295lbs, and lives in his moms basement or more importantly, has never flown anything other than his desktop Commodore 64?

Red,

11 fleets gives a $500 million profit for July. That might be more than you make in 3 quarters. Any more questions?

Bye Bye---General Lee

20% from outsourcing. A job well done General!

Maybe I should add the Connection fleets in that number as well...

Ummm, that's not correct. If pre tax profits exceed $2.5 billion in one year, the pilots receive 20% of what is in the profit sharing pie, up from 15%. If DL doesn't make $2.5 billion, then yes, yes it does fall to 10%. How are we looking so far? Q1 had the first profit in 5 years for that quarter. Q2 was huge too. Gas prices were expected to be higher. If July alone had $500 or so million, how about June and August? I'd say there is a good chance DL makes the $2.5 billion pre tax profit, with lower gas prices helping out.

Any more things you are confused about Jonny? Say hi to your Mom and Sis for me!

Bye Bye---General Lee

One correction. The 20% is company wide that goes into the pool. Not 20% to pilots only. Do not forget that even as the great June profit DAL is returning money to shareholders in dividens.

Like the fact that he is 5'2" 295lbs, and lives in his moms basement or more importantly, has never flown anything other than his desktop Commodore 64?

I'd agree with you on all the above except one thing, he's not cool enough for a C-64, I'd suggest something like a Tandy 286.

I'd agree with you on all the above except one thing, he's not cool enough for a C-64, I'd suggest something like a Tandy 286.

And you're still a third lister paid like a regional pilot, waiting for the Westies to come in and take their rightful place as your Capt. I can't wait.

Bye Bye---General Lee

One correction. The 20% is company wide that goes into the pool. Not 20% to pilots only. Do not forget that even as the great June profit DAL is returning money to shareholders in dividens.

There is a profit sharing pool for employees. If DL makes more than $2.5 billion pre-tax, then the pilots get MORE than they did in the previous contract. Thanks to the 1st Quarter profit this year (the first Q1 profit in 5 years?), the profit sharing will probably atleast be equal to last years, which didn't have a Q1 profit and associated money put into the profit sharing pool. That is good.

Bye Bye---General Lee

20% from outsourcing. A job well done General!

Maybe I should add the Connection fleets in that number as well...

Thanks to you and your paid for 717s you are handing us, and the parking of 215 total 50 seaters (with a total of 140 Fewer RJs overall), that outsourcing number is decreasing. You can't do it all at once, and the other legacies don't have a plan anywhere near that. Red, DL really is scaling back the outsourcing, they have to, it's in the contract. What do you think you will lose in your next contract? Sounds like GK wants you to become a true LCC again. Good luck with that Red!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Ummm, that's not correct. If pre tax profits exceed $2.5 billion in one year, the pilots receive 20% of what is in the profit sharing pie, up from 15%. If DL doesn't make $2.5 billion, then yes, yes it does fall to 10%. How are we looking so far? Q1 had the first profit in 5 years for that quarter. Q2 was huge too. Gas prices were expected to be higher. If July alone had $500 or so million, how about June and August? I'd say there is a good chance DL makes the $2.5 billion pre tax profit, with lower gas prices helping out.

Any more things you are confused about Jonny? Say hi to your Mom and Sis for me!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Actually, this is not correct!

We receive profit sharing of 10% on profits up to 2.5 billion and 20% only on the amounts OVER 2.5 Billion....for someone with so much attitude you would think you would know this...

Latest resources

Back