• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How Obamacare is affecting Delta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That $100,000,000 figure is obviously bull******************** just by using the numbers in the [Fox News] article.

$63/yr fee per insured employee = $10mil

Adding children on parents plan until age 26 = $14mil (already went into effect)

Additional employees being 'driven' to health plans = $14mil

Am I missing something? Please don't say health care inflation... it's been lower percentage-wise recently than it's been in a long time.

Yeah, that isn't great. But, rumor has it that DL made a $500 million profit for July alone, will get extra 717s this year, (more than previously thought) and DL may hire hundreds more than previously stated next year. That on top of a supposed WB order soon along with 30 or so extra NBs, and things don't look so bad. We'll see.....

Bye Bye---General Lee

Yeah, that isn't great. But, rumor has it that DL made a $500 million profit for July alone, will get extra 717s this year, (more than previously thought) and DL may hire hundreds more than previously stated next year. That on top of a supposed WB order soon along with 30 or so extra NBs, and things don't look so bad. We'll see.....

Bye Bye---General Lee

The number I saw was $535 million profit in July. Nice job guys.

Yeah....nice job. Nice job screwing your investors, screwing your employees by shredding promised contracts/retirements and people you owed money to. A lot easier to be profitable when you are able to just offload a huge part of your debt that you would otherwise be paying on. Oh yeah..."nice job". Good work. That's the way to run a business. Congratulations.

Yeah, that isn't great. But, rumor has it that DL made a $500 million profit for July alone

Good for management. Didn't you vote yes to give up part of your profit sharing? I'll bet alpa's not too happy with you cutting off part of their gravy train.

And drove Endeavor through bankruptcy which caused massive paycuts for ALPA brethren, lost houses, and I am sure there was a divorce or two over it. Good work Delta!!

Good for management. Didn't you vote yes to give up part of your profit sharing? I'll bet alpa's not too happy with you cutting off part of their gravy train.

Ummm, that's not correct. If pre tax profits exceed $2.5 billion in one year, the pilots receive 20% of what is in the profit sharing pie, up from 15%. If DL doesn't make $2.5 billion, then yes, yes it does fall to 10%. How are we looking so far? Q1 had the first profit in 5 years for that quarter. Q2 was huge too. Gas prices were expected to be higher. If July alone had $500 or so million, how about June and August? I'd say there is a good chance DL makes the $2.5 billion pre tax profit, with lower gas prices helping out.

Any more things you are confused about Jonny? Say hi to your Mom and Sis for me!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Scoped out a bunch of flying too.

Wrong. Tightened scope. Fewer RJs after the contract is over (only 3 years and 140 fewer RJs than before). The ratio between mainline and DCI flying domestically was also tightened and raised in mainline's favor. Alaska scope was tightened, and since Alitalia joined the Joint Venture with AF and KLM, our slice of that flying did go up. Now, we are still a bit behind on the total Transatlantic flying, but they have until May of next year to show the results. Throw in Virgin Atlantic, and ALPA has not agreed to that JV until they fix the other one, which shows ALPA isn't just giving in.

So, regional scope has been tightened (getting 88 717s too to recapture DCI flying), domestic scope tightened (AK), and INTL scope being worked on and tightened. What you say isn't correct.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest resources

Back