• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How not to train instrument students

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Back to the original video, did anyone NOT see what I saw at around the 2 minute mark?

Holy Crap! Looking at it in the "high quality" mode, I SEE what you mean....

Folks... go view it again in HQ and watch at the 2:00 mark. WOW. Good eye OBLT!

(I won't spoil it for others) ;)

Are you referring to what appears to be an airplane going by at high speed? I believe it's a smudge on the window, and it's perceived relative motion a function of parallax. In the former incident, roughly about 1:47...it's moving backward, if one were to take it as an aircraft.

If you look at the one minute mark on the video of the same airplane as follows, you'll see the same smudge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQbUDxn6dro&feature=related

There is nothing there old man get your eyes checked.

Power on Stall from backseat.....Anyone notice how that stall warning alarm started to sound like bagpipes? Not Important at all but I started to reach for my kilt....

Last edited:
MEL Check Ride with Rear Seat Passenger

Someone mentioned the hazard of riding in the back during MEL training.

According to this guy, his examiner seemed to have permitted a rear seat passenger during the MEL flight test.

Quote taken from photo.

http://www.fokker50.com/naia3.htm

This picture was taken by my room-mate who sat in the backseat during my multi-engine checkride. The FAA examiner set BOTH fuel shut-off valves to the OFF position without me knowing it! I guarantee you my heartbeat went up a few notches when both engines suddenly "out of the blue" started to run rough! Mixture, prop, throttle, fuel pumps, fuel shut-off valves, check!

If I recall the fuel shutoff was to the rear on the Seminole isnt it? I havent flown it since thanksgiving but, in that picture they look forward.

Latest resources

Back