• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How much trouble?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This sounds like something that could come back and haunt you a few years down the road if the FAA does an audit on the company. Don't do it, it's not worth it for any money and I am sure you aren't even making much at the company anyway.

Maybe the best thing to tell them is to fly you all the time so you can get your IFR mins and then be legal, and in return you will fly as much as they want then.

Might be a good idea to find the POI of the company and have a chat with him about what would happen to you if you were caught.

F16fixer said:
Its just that every now and then my boss gets a little pushy. I would just like to have a few numbers to throw back at them for my defense.
Dude, you dont wanna stick around a place like that. You don't have to defend yourself to your boss by showing him possible consequences. Tell him to go fly instead and quit if he bitches.

I remember seeing a list somewhere recently of typical FAA punishments, and as said before they would probably revoke your certificates. Unintentional stuff, like altitude and course deviations and runway incursions would get you a 60 day suspension. While blatant operations almost always ended up in revokation for the pilot, and in this type of operation almost no punishment for the company. It seems the feds find it easier to bust the pilot than to try to find the evidence to go after the company, since all the evidence is usually hearsay.

cvtplt said:
Just bump up your log book to IFR mins and.................

that has never happend in the history of aviation, lol.

If you just got caught into IFR, probably start at 90 days, negotiated down to 60 days or so. If you took off and did a whole flight, a revocation.
The company fines START at $5,000.00 and move upwards,,rapidly. And the company can't get out of it, since we all accepted "operational" control. So in essence, the company dispatched you into those conditions.
Remind the boss.

Thanks for all the good advice.
It's all been a big help in reminding me not to even think of doing something stupid and risking my tickets.

Have you caught yet? if not quit the company when you read this message, if you have already been caught, you are most likely toast, get an atty., there is no excuse for knowing and in advance breaking a reg. It is premeditated, like first-degree murder.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back