How much trouble?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

F16fixer

What kind of FAA enforcement actions would someone receive if they were caught flying IFR when they were only VFR certified. >1200hrs (part 135 freight/pax)
60 day suspension? $1,000 fine?

Any clues out there as to where to look this info up?

Thanks

It's probably pretty hefty. Against you and the company you work for. In addition to the hour requirement, you need a 135 IFR checkride in that aircraft.

I doubt a NASA form would protect you from that. I'm sure they would say it wasn't an accident and you knowingly broke an FAR.

I've been staying legal. That's why I haven't worked for two weeks because of IFR conditions. Its just that every now and then my boss gets a little pushy. I would just like to have a few numbers to throw back at them for my defense.

I knew a guy once, just over 500 hours and flying cancelled checks for a 135 outfit. Flew in all kinds of wx. Never logged it as actual of course. One day the POI got suspicious, checked the records for that week. Saw that he flew into a certain airport that was definately IFR all day. Got his license revoked, not suspended, revoked. Not sure but I believe they hung him for falsifying documents. But I am sure that he had his stuff revoked.

Thanks for the story. What is a POI?

motojet said:
I knew a guy once, just over 500 hours and flying cancelled checks for a 135 outfit. Flew in all kinds of wx. Never logged it as actual of course. One day the POI got suspicious, checked the records for that week. Saw that he flew into a certain airport that was definately IFR all day. Got his license revoked, not suspended, revoked. Not sure but I believe they hung him for falsifying documents. But I am sure that he had his stuff revoked.

Believe it stands for Principal Operations Inspector. Thats a person from the FAA that is in charge of inspecting a company.

Latest resources

Back