How much did/do you make as a CFI?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
DrewBlows said:
You probably want to look into that, my employer charges significantly more than that and all I get is $15.
15 would be ok....anything less than that tho and thats pushing it.

DrewBlows said:
You probably want to look into that, my employer charges significantly more than that and all I get is $15.

How else do you think they could afford to have TM and RB on fat salaries to do nothing but annoy the instructors that actually work.

Sorry to hear you had to resort to returning to that place.... At least I heard all you Comair guys should be back soon from your CP that was just promoted to VP.

CFI Pay

I did very little instructing... but when I did I charged $45 per hour, $35 per hour if they payed all in advance and bought a block of time. The people I was instructing thought it was a great deal.

mozzer said:
With that Avatar you look like someone from Kingman! No way was that Shebles. Summer 02' started at $325/week...salaried. Fly your A$$ off but never had to worry about a payckeck(except that it was small). Winter 03' left at $475/week. Bennies??? Yeah the benefit of drinking Coors Lt's with Sr., Sean and Val......stories for days. I miss the place.

First Xmas bonus $100 cash
Second Xmas bonus Single Engine Sea Plane rating......nice.

Winter 06' still pays $325/week to start, but I'm up to $375/week. I fly my a$$ off (170 hrs in the past 30 days). Four 30 packs of Coors Light in the hangar fridge right now. Drank with Sr last night at the Dam Bar! Got $100 bucks for Christmas and the option for a sea plane rating or tailwheel endorsement (I chose tail wheel). I live at the condos for free (on a couch) and eat almost always for free. I may have no life right now, but I am very well taken care of and getting what I need to move on.

BLing said:
Winter 06' still pays $325/week to start, but I'm up to $375/week. I fly my a$$ off (170 hrs in the past 30 days). Four 30 packs of Coors Light in the hangar fridge right now. Drank with Sr last night at the Dam Bar! Got $100 bucks for Christmas and the option for a sea plane rating or tailwheel endorsement (I chose tail wheel). I live at the condos for free (on a couch) and eat almost always for free. I may have no life right now, but I am very well taken care of and getting what I need to move on.

Good for you. What cool opportunity you have to fly and experience the desert. Lets see if I remember on Friday nights I would start at the Bowling Alley(BAr) then to the Timeout(Bar) and finish the night in Laughlin.

HEy if you see Eddie this week tell em "Almond" says hello.

Well I found out it'll be 19/hr for primary/ground...and 22hr for advanced, checkouts, BFR, etc...

Not bad. Tho I'll prolly be lucky to get 50 hours in a month..but for a summer job at 19 (years old), it beats bagging groceries....

mozzer said:
Good for you. What cool opportunity you have to fly and experience the desert. Lets see if I remember on Friday nights I would start at the Bowling Alley(BAr) then to the Timeout(Bar) and finish the night in Laughlin.

HEy if you see Eddie this week tell em "Almond" says hello.

I see Eddie every day (crazy SOB, but one hell of a good guy). I will pass the word on in the morning.

Latest resources

Back