How much debt....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
None!!

Yea Baby!! My parents gladly payed for all my flight training, PVT-MEI, at my local FBO!! Oh yea!! 25 yrs old!! Life is good!!!!

Last edited:
Must be nice...

garf12 said:
I got a little over 6.8 million in loans with an average APR of around 7% Works out to about 500k a year or $1369 a day in interest. That'll keep you awake at night.

That kind of inheritance @ 23 will make you grow up real quick.

what? man please tell me you are kidding.

BOOZENEWS said:
Yea Baby!! My parents gladly payed for all my flight training, PVT-MEI, at my local FBO!! Oh yea!! 25 yrs old!! Life is good!!!!

I wish I had parents like that. Mine just cosigned a loan from hell for me then my mother passed away and my dad moved away. Now im stuck with it for 20 years.

BOOZENEWS said:
That's what HE said.

landlover said:
whats that got to do with the price of beans?
Well, you could look at it two ways.

One: PFT deep sea divers take out loans too.

Two: There are more divers looking for pilots, than pilots looking for divers.

Here's a link to a good way to get yourself out of debt.
http://www.DaveRamsey.com
He is a radio guy that has good ideas about getting out of debt and avoiding the credit lifestyle scam all together.

Accelerated flight school burned through about 35K in loans from mid '98 to mid '99. I finnished at age 27 and I'm down to about 15K left to pay still. I don't know how the Comair/ Delta Connection guys could do it. I started there and they promised 35K max with living expenses and after over 10K to get the private and a start on the instrument I woke up and told those liars to F-off. I wish I would have just gone to the FBO I taught at- 172s were $45 an hour in the summer of '99 there. I would have done it all for half as much. I just wanted the "guarenteed interview that hires 98 percent into Comair airlines". I have no problem with the airline, but the school is one of the biggest scams out there.

Latest resources

Back