Votes: 42 13.8%
  • 60-90

Votes: 22 7.2%
  • 90 or more

Votes: 68 22.4%

• Total voters
Scary... :)

135Jobs said:
For Ohio, select "Address" and put in "OH" or "OHIO" to the left of the Search button. Also, you can click on "Great Lakes" region and that will narrow down the geographic area. Hit the green-blue Search button and it will give you company names, FAR parts the company is certificated under, and aircraft types they fly.

Now, for narrowing down on aircraft types, click on "Advanced Search". Say, you are looking for LearJet operators. You should put in "LR-" next to "Aircraft Type:". For Lear 60, put in LR-60. Aircraft Type is a link and shows you all types that you could put in.

Yes, this is pay to use. For free, you can get names of places and more... Members get addresses, phone numbers, incident and accident record of the operator and lots more - exactly the information you want to know if you were to get on with the company. Just look under "Sample Certificate Page".

Thanks for looking

What is this "paypal discount code?"

135Jobs said:
Try www.135jobs.com - it has all 135, 121 and other companies with wealth of information about them.

Here's another link that might be useful:

http://162.58.35.241/acdatabase/acmain.htm

I haven't found a job off this, but I sure found a lot of places to send my resume. The problem with sending unsolicited resumes is that most of them end up in the round file, especially if you don't have a CP or DO name to put into the address. Nevertheless.. it's another entry point.

I probably had 100 resumes out there easily.

Now that I am shifting gears, I am approaching 100 resumes/headshots/CD demo reels just since August 03. I will probably hit 200 by March 04.

Marketing...

Shotgun Resumes

Best Advice: 1)

DON'T GET INTO AVIATION INDUSTRY!
2)If you have fly-start early 17-21, buy a used R.V. before getting your instrument or M.E. to trace around the country looking for work.
3) Have your Bachelor's degree( in something-Underwater Basketweaving ) or Military Aviation flight background(officer level) or A&P &/or CFI-AI/MEI; or have daddy or mommy funnel megabucks for at least 5 years or have a parent who is a airline pilot(with travel privileges)or corporate or charter pilot get you an IN.
4)Prepare for furloughs, unscrupulous and/or bankrupt operators; putting your family second; oddball hours; and getting treated like excrement by rampies, management, fbos, and almost everyone else inside the industry for unbelievablely little remuneration in dollars.
5) Walk resume in person(review to No. 2 about R.V.) you get roughly a 15% response with interview as opposed to shotgun faxes/mailings/email-3% response and roughly a 5% response with phone(COLD CALLS) and target the top 25 companies in areas you would not mind spending 3 to 5 years at...and when all else fails( including PRAYER )fails refer to No.1!

I applied with 1157 compamies.
2 sent me their application paperwork.
1 (not one of them) called for the interview.

Hired Feb. 2003 ;)

Good luck to all

scubabri said:
for all you guys under 1000 hours looking for a job, how many resumes have you sent out? I just sent out about 70, and the "sorry, no openings" are starting to come in :(

sigh
Scuba,

You actually got REPLIES !!!?? You're doing a lot better than I.

In recent years I made a simple M$ Access database to track contact details, min. requirements for CA & FO, when first & most recently contacted & how, stages of application process from 'never contacted' to 'hired', comments, region, type of ops & class of aircraft etc. It can be sorted & filtered & in conjunction with Word I can export the appropriate bits to a mail merged personalised form letter & envelope address. Before that I used DOS Wordperfect 5.1 & mail merge to generate form letters & print envelopes from a WP database.

I've not bothered to count how many resumes I've sent over the years in Oz, Europe & now that I've moved here, have recently started on the US. I don't count the replies I received, just note whether the current pile has become thick enough to warrant starting a new one. I keep all replies as a way of determining who the latest contact person is etc. Most times no reply but those I received are valuable for the information one can glean from the letterhead & signature block.

Latest resources

Back