Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How many got hired and quit at Pinnacolaba in the past week?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah, until our union forms an MOU behind our backs and then just tells us that we're gonna have some newhires come with XJ longevity credit. Meanwhile, we're told to just "accept" the fact the company didn't want to adjust our longevity 6 weeks to move our DOH from sim to class date. Screw it, our union needs to fight for us first. Don't gloat to me some newhires are starting at 2nd or 3rd year pay with full longevity credit from 2008, while I (along with every other 9E pilot) get hosed on our longevity pay every freakin' year.

/sigh, yet another mutually beneficially situation taken completely out of context and changed into something that screwed someone over. This sounds familiar. You are right, it's probably best to just leave furloughed pilots furloughed at Mesaba and cancel more flights so we would have lost more than the 1 (kinda 3) 200's we did. F um. They were furloughed, so they are the bastard step children and don't deserve credit for any time they put in. Someone actually got something they deserved, and it wasn't me:bawling:. Your first sentence sums up what we have been talking about for the past couple weeks. Your union does stuff behind your back and from what I can tell are corrupt and liars. Meh, what do I know? Just what I hear on chat boards...

Last edited:
The MOU didn't hurt anyone. It was a win for those furloughed, a win for the company, and a win for the industry. The only question will be how they are impacted in integration. This is uncharted territory and different groups have different reasons for them to be listed on certain lists.

Does it not hurt PCL new hires? They may be put above MOU guys.

Are you really trying to say you think that this should be the list:

1)Active pilots on July 1st (who knows how)
2)New hires at Colgan/9E after July 1st.
3)Mesaba pilots that were furloughed July 1st.

I don't see how having the furlough recalls before new hires that were a glint in the training department's eye on July 1st would be a loss for the new hires. They knew full well where they were going to be when being hired after July 1st. Give me a break.

Does it not hurt PCL new hires? They may be put above MOU guys.

If the guys hadn't come to 9E, they would have just gone to XJ. Either way they would have ended up above the new hires. In the end there are no furloughs, the question is only "Those who were furloughed at the purchase date (By CORP); where do they show for integration purposes?"

Yeah, until our union forms an MOU behind our backs and then just tells us that we're gonna have some newhires come with XJ longevity credit. Meanwhile, we're told to just "accept" the fact the company didn't want to adjust our longevity 6 weeks to move our DOH from sim to class date. Screw it, our union needs to fight for us first. Don't gloat to me some newhires are starting at 2nd or 3rd year pay with full longevity credit from 2008, while I (along with every other 9E pilot) get hosed on our longevity pay every freakin' year.

This is such a funny statement. WE ARE ALL ALPA. I see everyone of you 9E pilots walking around with your big ALPA stickers, and your big ALPA lanyards. When are we going to start acting like ALPA members? When are we going to act like a union and protect our brothers and sisters? Most of these furloughed pilots came to XJ after being furloughed from other companies, most with 1-2 year experience already (and 1-2 years in ALPA). I was very happy to see these pilots/friends get a chance to continue on with their careers at 9E/9L and it was a sign of hope to me going through this merger. Now to watching/hearing 9E try to step on their brothers and sisters is just a disgrace. This is just another chapter in the book "Why being an ALPA member means nothing".

What’s going to happen to 9E performance when 60XJers return home? You think they are going to LGA? They’re not- they’re going on a nice paid vacation, and they deserve it. Can’t wait to meet some of you on the line- I guarantee you will be in the right seat.

How can you guarantee that? You don't know how long they've been around or even how the sli will turn out. For all you know you could be their fo.

Spoken like a true senior jackass. DOH would help more Pinnacle pilots than relative seniority. I don't see you suggesting that the 9E MEC to ask our pilots which we would rather have... Because you would be in the minority and would be hurt by DOH, even though the greatest number of 9E pilots would be helped by it.

I made no comment aout the merits of DOH vs catagory and status. Either will work for me. I don't care. Catagory and status could very well end up putting a several hundred more above me than DOH. It all depends on how Block defines a catagory. I was commenting about all the argueing over the furloughed pilots - with no one on this board bothering to consider what they want. Including yourself. And I made a comment about ALPA at most any property. You immediately pilloried me for your wrong assumption.

Last edited:
Now to watching/hearing 9E try to step on their brothers and sisters is just a disgrace. This is just another chapter in the book "Why being an ALPA member means nothing".

Its sad that you allow 1-2 internet tough guys with no identity define your view of a pilot group or an entire association. Thicken up your skin. Its a long way to retirement.

There was nothing wrong with the MOU, or letting XJ guys get credit for their longevity when they came to 9E.

There is something very wrong with disputing the move of our DOH to class date.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back