Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How many got hired and quit at Pinnacolaba in the past week?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Has anyone asked the furloghed MSA pilots what they want? It is so typical of the MSA MEC to tell their pilots what they are going to do. I have talked with many of them and none of them want to go to LGA or the SF3. Most of them understand where they will be on the list - and have already accepted it. They just want to move on.

The MSA MEC on the other hand desperately want them on the 'active' MSA list. Not because it will do anything for the furloughees. What it does is increase the relative seniority of the rest of the MSA pilots. The fact that they want them on the active list so bad should tell everyone that the MSA MEC knows their DOH position is a loser. If the SLI were to be done DOH it would not matter what list they are on. As others have pointed out - the furloughees are simply pawns in a dirty ALPA game. I strongly suspect they are nothing more to the MSA MEC than bargaining chips. And ALPA is well known for eating its young.

Yeah great post, our MEC is so dirty and does not care about the furloughs that they appointed a furloughed guy who was currently flying at Pinnacle as one of their 3 SLI merger committee guys. So what you are saying is that they held secret meetings away from one of their committee guys to secretly screw him and the rest of the furloughs? You sir/ma'am are very bright indeed. Oh and the furloughed guy would have stayed on the committee if it were not for the actions of your idiot 9E reps thinking he was a spy.....give me a fricken break. Our MEC appointed a senior guy, a mid senior guy and a junior guy to represent all involved. All bright capable people.

Yeah great post, our MEC is so dirty and does not care about the furloughs that they appointed a furloughed guy who was currently flying at Pinnacle as one of their 3 SLI merger committee guys. So what you are saying is that they held secret meetings away from one of their committee guys to secretly screw him and the rest of the furloughs? You sir/ma'am are very bright indeed. Oh and the furloughed guy would have stayed on the committee if it were not for the actions of your idiot 9E reps thinking he was a spy.....give me a fricken break. Our MEC appointed a senior guy, a mid senior guy and a junior guy to represent all involved. All bright capable people.
He voluntarily stepped down months ago.

Has anyone asked the furloghed MSA pilots what they want? It is so typical of the MSA MEC to tell their pilots what they are going to do. I have talked with many of them and none of them want to go to LGA or the SF3. Most of them understand where they will be on the list - and have already accepted it. They just want to move on.

The MSA MEC on the other hand desperately want them on the 'active' MSA list. Not because it will do anything for the furloughees. What it does is increase the relative seniority of the rest of the MSA pilots. The fact that they want them on the active list so bad should tell everyone that the MSA MEC knows their DOH position is a loser. If the SLI were to be done DOH it would not matter what list they are on. As others have pointed out - the furloughees are simply pawns in a dirty ALPA game. I strongly suspect they are nothing more to the MSA MEC than bargaining chips. And ALPA is well known for eating its young.
Yes. They have 10 days to notify the DFO of their position preference. Problem is all the unknowns.

They are being held under the bypass provisions of our contract for up to 90 days. By then hopefully their fate will be known. But remember, there are also reinstatement rights in the contract that if the ISL gets done, and there is a vacancy in their former position that they could take those positions back out of seniority order.

The active status is in Blochs hands. Normally furloughs are integrated after active pilots, but there has never been a MOU like this. We are in uncharted waters, as far as past practices.

If XJ can (could) have an active 9E pilot representing them, why couldn't 9E just call up a DL guy? There is more to this story than you represent. Not worth it, the cmte was changed and the XJ pilots are represented. Ironically the XJ furloughs are represented by 9E quite well in proposals. Say what you want about my views of furloughs but my closest friend is an XJ furlough (now at 9E) so you can accuse whatever you want. If anything these guys have been looked out for more than others. Thankfully, they are all good guys. Even the 9E MSP CA rep flew with the so called "spy" and said he was a great guy. It's business, not personal.

I spent a good 3 hours arguing this point with JM at the BOD... We ended the convo at 3am still only agreeing with ourselves and NOT seeing eye-to-eye. The next morning, we were fine. It was a political sticking point that had multiple pieces creating a puzzle.

I know he stepped down. I know him and have flown with him as well. He is a great guy and was not a "spy". My point was that our MEC chose him as he is a smart guy but represented a portion of our seniority list. The politics were wrong in exactly what you said-some IDIOTS thought he was a spy. enough said. I will be happy when this is all said and done. I will stand by my union guys and gals and what they have told me-the very thing you all that post here from 9E call "lies".

Spoken like a true senior jackass. DOH would help more Pinnacle pilots than relative seniority. I don't see you suggesting that the 9E MEC to ask our pilots which we would rather have... Because you would be in the minority and would be hurt by DOH, even though the greatest number of 9E pilots would be helped by it.

If XJ can (could) have an active 9E pilot representing them, why couldn't 9E just call up a DL guy? There is more to this story than you represent. Not worth it, the cmte was changed and the XJ pilots are represented. Ironically the XJ furloughs are represented by 9E quite well in proposals. Say what you want about my views of furloughs but my closest friend is an XJ furlough (now at 9E) so you can accuse whatever you want. If anything these guys have been looked out for more than others. Thankfully, they are all good guys. Even the 9E MSP CA rep flew with the so called "spy" and said he was a great guy. It's business, not personal.

I spent a good 3 hours arguing this point with JM at the BOD... We ended the convo at 3am still only agreeing with ourselves and NOT seeing eye-to-eye. The next morning, we were fine. It was a political sticking point that had multiple pieces creating a puzzle.

with our dues currently going to 9E's MEC, I sure hope they're doing something to benefit us

Oh, and since when does ALPA decide where the company put it's pilots? You can ask them all they want, but they will only be able to go where their seniority can hold like the rest of us.
Yeah, until our union forms an MOU behind our backs and then just tells us that we're gonna have some newhires come with XJ longevity credit. Meanwhile, we're told to just "accept" the fact the company didn't want to adjust our longevity 6 weeks to move our DOH from sim to class date. Screw it, our union needs to fight for us first. Don't gloat to me some newhires are starting at 2nd or 3rd year pay with full longevity credit from 2008, while I (along with every other 9E pilot) get hosed on our longevity pay every freakin' year.

Oh and the furloughed guy would have stayed on the committee if it were not for the actions of your idiot 9E reps thinking he was a spy.....give me a fricken break.
If not a spy, then definitely at the least a conflict of interest. As a 9E guy, I would not want a current 9E pilot being on the MSA side for the purposes of seniority integration. Conflict of interest.

Latest resources

Back