Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How many got hired and quit at Pinnacolaba in the past week?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
XJ's list has them as "active pilots" in the Saab LGA FO positions. That's cool. I flew with 3 of em this week alone. We weren't in a saab though. We weren't in LGA either. They were all great and happy to have the APU working.

It's in bloch's hands. All sides are trying to represent their pilots to the best of their ability- can't fault anyone for that. Were XJ pilots recalled? Kinda. Are they in Saab FO spots? Not really.

We can all throw mud, this issue is much like the DOH issue. What's "right" and "wrong" depends on the fence you are looking through. Bloch has all the relevant info. Hopefully we all hear something monday, the bickering won't change a darn thing.

XJ's list has them as "active pilots" in the Saab LGA FO positions. That's cool. I flew with 3 of em this week alone. We weren't in a saab though. We weren't in LGA either. They were all great and happy to have the APU working.

It's in bloch's hands. All sides are trying to represent their pilots to the best of their ability- can't fault anyone for that. Were XJ pilots recalled? Kinda. Are they in Saab FO spots? Not really.

We can all throw mud, this issue is much like the DOH issue. What's "right" and "wrong" depends on the fence you are looking through. Bloch has all the relevant info. Hopefully we all hear something monday, the bickering won't change a darn thing.

Honestly, this MOU is just a cluster right now. Even the union emails and company memos make absolutely no sense. Technically they are recalled to LGA Saab FO. If Mr. Bloch wants a current seniority list from Mesaba, I guess that's where they belong. They haven't given up their seniority number, and they have all been recalled and given a position. I completely see your point though. They are just in purgatory right now. Too bad this SLI couldn't have been done before the MOU expired. It makes it just that much more of a mess. From what I thought was happening was they were going to be below every active pilot on both lists, but above new hires after July 1st. I am sure it will still happen that way no matter where they are on either 9E/Xj list.

The thread went silent because I think people are getting tired (I know I am). To answer your question: Yes, the Mesaba MEC is in cahoots (sp?) with Mr. Bloch and had him delay his decision until the 20th in which he then was told to ask for new lists. Then when Pinnacle gave their list, the Mesaba MEC pointed to a perfectly good list and disputed it. After that, the Mesaba MEC then told Mr. Bloch to look over what he had for the weekend and to ask for new lists on Monday. Then they called Pinnacle crew scheduling and had your SLI guy put on a trip so they couldn't get another list to Mr. Bloch for a few more days, and Voila!! We are past the magical 60 day time frame so that they can put all of them on our list as not furloughed (even though they were all recalled 60 days ago and on our list anyway) and then told Mr. Bloch not to use the famous "snapshot" we are all talking about. Who keeps talking about conspiracy theories? Maybe that's why the thread went silent.
I went silent because clown was on my ignore list. Thanks for quoting him. ;-)

Honestly, this MOU is just a cluster right now. Even the union emails and company memos make absolutely no sense. Technically they are recalled to LGA Saab FO. If Mr. Bloch wants a current seniority list from Mesaba, I guess that's where they belong. They haven't given up their seniority number, and they have all been recalled and given a position. I completely see your point though. They are just in purgatory right now. Too bad this SLI couldn't have been done before the MOU expired. It makes it just that much more of a mess. From what I thought was happening was they were going to be below every active pilot on both lists, but above new hires after July 1st. I am sure it will still happen that way no matter where they are on either 9E/Xj list.

I fear they are political pawns. Time will tell. Moral of the story is all sides have their own "version" and Bloch is an "arbitrator" for a reason. I have a feeling these types of issues are par for the course.

It's still a data point change. The data being the status, and the change being from furloughee to active. And worse, they have represented it as active LGA FOs on the SF340. That is not the case, since at the moment, they are flying the line at 9E or 9L. To me, this is falsely changing a data point when it shouldn't have been changed. Kinda like the same dispute on May 23, 9E's list had a data point change and it was disputed.

All sides are trying to represent their pilots to the best of their ability- can't fault anyone for that. Were XJ pilots recalled? Kinda. Are they in Saab FO spots? Not really.
Well, I can fault a group for throwing a dispute aftering the Apr 15 dispute window, to something that was very clearly already addressed in LOA #2 V. Sure, they are trying to represent their pilots to the best of their ability, but there's a right way and a wrong way. All right ways ended Apr 15.

Has anyone asked the furloghed MSA pilots what they want? It is so typical of the MSA MEC to tell their pilots what they are going to do. I have talked with many of them and none of them want to go to LGA or the SF3. Most of them understand where they will be on the list - and have already accepted it. They just want to move on.

The MSA MEC on the other hand desperately want them on the 'active' MSA list. Not because it will do anything for the furloughees. What it does is increase the relative seniority of the rest of the MSA pilots. The fact that they want them on the active list so bad should tell everyone that the MSA MEC knows their DOH position is a loser. If the SLI were to be done DOH it would not matter what list they are on. As others have pointed out - the furloughees are simply pawns in a dirty ALPA game. I strongly suspect they are nothing more to the MSA MEC than bargaining chips. And ALPA is well known for eating its young.

Good post above. We just got a memo from 9e saying that there is a vacancy for the mesaba mous and that they can stay at either place and that they have 10 days to decide. Therefore I do not see us getting an sli until at least June 13th.

Has anyone asked the furloghed MSA pilots what they want? It is so typical of the MSA MEC to tell their pilots what they are going to do. I have talked with many of them and none of them want to go to LGA or the SF3. Most of them understand where they will be on the list - and have already accepted it. They just want to move on.

The MSA MEC on the other hand desperately want them on the 'active' MSA list. Not because it will do anything for the furloughees. What it does is increase the relative seniority of the rest of the MSA pilots. The fact that they want them on the active list so bad should tell everyone that the MSA MEC knows their DOH position is a loser. If the SLI were to be done DOH it would not matter what list they are on. As others have pointed out - the furloughees are simply pawns in a dirty ALPA game. I strongly suspect they are nothing more to the MSA MEC than bargaining chips. And ALPA is well known for eating its young.

Maybe they desperately want them on the seniority list as active because then it would be an accurate current seniority list? If Mr. Bloch uses the "snapshot" like he is supposed to, it shouldn't matter if they are active, furloughed, moved to number 1-60 in the company, or put behind the new hires that just came on last week. Oh, and since when does ALPA decide where the company put it's pilots? You can ask them all they want, but they will only be able to go where their seniority can hold like the rest of us.

I agree we probably aren't going to see the list for a couple of weeks because of this, but I am not sure why. I thought those that were furloughed as of 7/1/10 were behind active and in front of new hires. What the hell difference does the MOU have on SLI? Maybe I am missing something.

Latest resources

Back