how many failed checkrides is too many

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Degree and busts

You really need a four-year degree, in something. A two-year in aviation might suffice for the moment at the commuters, but most of those who've been to college will have four-year degrees.

Hope that helps.

You know, as far as the busts go, there may be mitigating circumstances, such as checkride, examiner and school politics. However, although you might truly have been a victim of the above, you can't say that at the interview. You're not in a court of law demanding justice. You cannot expect the interviewers to have mercy for your misfortunes. Life sucks, sometimes. You have to suck it up and put a happy face on it by explaining how you benefited from the experiences, which you have. You've reached back a little further, you've put the checkitis behind you, you have grown, and you will grow with them if they hire you.

TXflyer said:
I failed my IR once, then washed out of B737 training because I went to law school and am now, at age 26, making 10 times as much as I would being a CFI or an F/E. Gotta love getting a check for $8,347 per month....AFTER taxes. I'm buying my own plane next month.

What, exactly, was the point of this post?

Chunk<--rather be a CFI and starve than be an ambulance-chaser.

TXflyer said:
I failed my IR once, then washed out of B737 training because I went to law school and am now, at age 26, making 10 times as much as I would being a CFI or an F/E. Gotta love getting a check for $8,347 per month....AFTER taxes. I'm buying my own plane next month.

Right, we got it the first time you posted your drivel on the other thread.

Thanks for the info.

Checkride failures? You'll be right at home in ACA's CRJ Training program.

Seriously, though. We've had plenty of CRJ drivers who have pinked at ACA wind up at the majors. Just blame no one but yourself and it shouldn't hinder you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by TXflyer
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Perhaps you should purchase a little maturity first.

My guess is that he went to law school because he washed out of 737 training and is trying to justify his failed excursion into aviation. If he were truly satisfied, he wouldn't feel a need to give us his biography and balance sheet.

If you're in 737 training, aren't you pretty much past the starvation factor in aviation? If you love money AND flying (don't we all), why wouldn't you press on from there?

...Gotta love getting a check for $8,347 per month....AFTER taxes.
TXflyer,

Wow..I'd be taking a serious pay cut to make that kind of money! And, I bet I work less than half what you do at your law practice!

So, as others have said, what was the point of your post?!?:confused:

Draginass has articulated the one hope that you have: establish a new pattern of accomplishment and professionalism.

Simulate the tests before you take them. If you have to, take them so many times that they are boring. Have several different friends simulate the oral. Have them simulate the flight or sim portion on a FTD. Do what you have to do. This is your career.

If there is another rating you can train for, spend the money and DO IT. Max out on the written. Get a letter from the DE praising your ability. Do something.

Don't let it appear that you are stuck in this rut.

Good luck!

Last edited:
TXflyer-

I don't get it...

"washed out of B737 training because I went to law school and am now, at age 26, making 10 times as much as I would being a CFI or an F/E".

Were you in law school at the same time as B737 training???? And, sorry, but there's a pretty large difference in pay between a CFI and F/E at a national and/or major.

Anyway.....WHO CARES!!!!

TXflyer-

THANK-YOU for the much needed laugh. 26 years old, 8000 hrs and a Law degree. Also $8.347 a month . Is that rounded up or down to the nearest 10 cents?

"Throw me a fricken bone here"

Good luck -
Cousin Vinnie

Latest resources

Back