Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How many Delta Pilots thinking of leaving?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

av8er2

Wondering, how many Delta pilots sending out your resume to places like Fedex, UPS and Southwest?

av8er2 said:
Wondering, how many Delta pilots sending out your resume to places like Fedex, UPS and Southwest?

I'm sure the furloughed pilots have sent them out. I know of a few furloughed Delta guys who have been hired by Jet Blue and AirTran...

av8er2 said:
Hahaha, give a neeyah a rope and all the sudden they think they be cowboys.

av8er2 said:

FedEx is/will consider a current furloughed pilot on a case-by-case basis but WILL NOT consider anyone that is actively employed at another major...that I know of.

We even have Ex USA Jet pilots at Delta calling about what is going on a USA Jet, sign of the times?

I've had my application in with SWA since May 02 and I bug LL about every month to see if I'm even close to getting an interview. I'm in my sixth year at Delta and will gladly give my number up to go.

PurpleTail said:
FedEx is/will consider a current furloughed pilot on a case-by-case basis but WILL NOT consider anyone that is actively employed at another major...that I know of.

Why won't they consider any pilot who is currently employed at a major?

I guess I shouldn't even waste my time filling out an application when I get my 1000 PIC, eh?

So, who will FedEx consider? Do I have to quit the major I'm working for and go back to a regional making $17k/yr?

Seems a bit silly to not consider any current pilots from a major. Please explain, or try to explain, the reasoning behind this policy.

Cheers!

GP

GuppyPuppy said:
Why won't they consider any pilot who is currently employed at a major?

I guess I shouldn't even waste my time filling out an application when I get my 1000 PIC, eh?

So, who will FedEx consider? Do I have to quit the major I'm working for and go back to a regional making $17k/yr?

Seems a bit silly to not consider any current pilots from a major. Please explain, or try to explain, the reasoning behind this policy.

Cheers!

GP
I think this topic has been hashed out a couple hundred times here already. The simple answer is supply and demand and the preferences of the current Chief Pilot (who's in charge of hiring new pilots). FedEx has thousands of apps on file and they can set the bar where they want. As the equation changes, so will the requirements; same as SWA back in 1999-2000.
Go ahead and get your online app filled out, get your 3 flying recommendations on the app, and wait - the requirements will change some day.
I've heard they've added another disqualifier: anybody who's flipped any FedEx guy crap about crashing airplanes here on FlightInfo.com . . . .

PurpleTail said:

Actually, that paradigm has shifted as well. We HAVE hired and ARE considering pilots currently employed by other major airlines. Specific backgrounds I have first- or secondhand knowledge of include Delta, Alaska and American. I think the standard disclaimer of "case by case basis yada, yada" still applies. Nonetheless, it is clearly no longer a disqualifier.

hoya

Latest resources

Back