• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How long will Lynx survive?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Come this May the first aircraft arrives and then proving runs will be required to complete their certificate. Last word was the Q400 would not be operational in the F9 system until July 07.

Skywest shuffle

Let's see, how many people will fly into DEN and then hop on a flight to ASE, when they could just hop on SkyWest out of LAX, SLC, or ORD and go non-stop? The Q-4 may be able to take in and out more passsengers, but when the weather there sucks it doesn't matter what aircraft your flying.

Skywest's 700 has so many restrictions on weight, wind, runway contamination, windshear... makes it hard to really get the ppl in and out effectively.

I have seen many times where they had to go back to denver because of one of the above situations - where we just landed... and then 20 minutes later-- took off.

Also - not sure of the price structure but I know United tickets to the mountain destinations are not cheap.... or even moderate. I have heard passengers spending $600-1200 for a rd trip.

Just some thoughts

If they weren't relying on RAH to do the flying, they'd probably be ok. But, as it is, 18 months sounds like an understatement.

They could have saved a ton of money going with Skywest's rate(s), or lack there of. Then again they were looking for quality not quantity

There are only two kinds of airplanes for the kind of flying and performance that is required out of those hills. Props or three or 4 engined jets. A three engined prop job would be best but there is nothing current. It's a niche market that can't support the development of a specific airframe...

I don't know how long Lynx will last but the Dash is a proven machine and if they are to have a chance they picked the right equipment.

Latest resources

Back