How long till Class at Comair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Flash 7

Does anyone have any educated guesses on how long it takes to get a class date . I interviewed june 18th and recieved my letter july 5th. The told us that September, October was a good time frame.

Any thoughts?

I interviewed first week of march and I am still waiting for the class date. Last time when I called there I spoke with Linda and she pretty much told me the same thing, aug or maybe sep for the guys who interviewed in the first week of march. But if they told you guys the same then there must be something I don't know. Good Luck.

Third week in march here. Last week, Sharon said late august, early september for that interview date. I know a lot of EMB-120 guys need to go through training in the next couple months too...not sure how that will affect things.

Congrats on getting hired! I'm pretty sure they didn't interview/hire in april and may and june were scaled down from the heavy pre-march hiring, so you guys probably aren't too far behind in the pool.

Take care.

May 21st and hoping for a class before the end of the year.

As I understand, they did interview during April but I don't know how many - supposedly not a lot??

I am getting the feeling that class in October is likely. Hopefully that feeling is way pessimistic.

See ya on the line.

Greetings...

I interviewed May 9 and was also wondering about potential classes. I called (and spoke with) Linda this morning and she said that I have approx. 150 in the pool ahead of me! Apparently MANY of those who interviewed in Jan/Feb/Mar etc are still under Stop Loss from the military and are not available until later in the year, or even next year. I was also told to expect an August or September class during the interview, but I'm not getting my hopes up just yet.

Linda said that they are working on filling an August 5 class but they don't know how many will be in it or even if it will happen. Lets hope it does along with many others during the next couple of months!

Best of luck!
TF

I interviewed during the 1st week of March and also have not been called for a class date. I talked to Linda last week and she mentioned there might be a Aug. 5th Class?, and that she thought there where still people from FEB. interviews that would be called for that class if they have it on Aug. 5th. I did hear that they are planning on taking more airplanes soon so hopefully that helps us all out!!!! It seems like they hired alot of people during Jan., Feb., Mar. (50-60 each month?) when they where planning on aircraft deliveries earlier in the year.

CLASS DATES

PositiveRate said:
Third week in march here. Last week, Sharon said late august, early september for that interview date. I know a lot of EMB-120 guys need to go through training in the next couple months too...not sure how that will affect things.

You are exactly right about the EMB folks. The training department is gearing up for that process as well as starting training for the CRJ-700 in early September. I know that its tough waiting for the phone to ring(especially for those with no job right now), but hang on and they will definitely get to you. I'm not really sure about class size, as I have heard EVERYTHING from 8 up to 20+. I really don't think they are completely sure except on a class to class basis.
That probably stems from anything from airplane deliveries to how much flying is anticipated. I will say the the bid packets for the past 4 months have shown increases in total block hours for the month. There was also an announcement of DFW-ORD 5 times a day starting in September. This is the beginning of the gearing up for the DFW domicile sometime in 2003.:cool:

All of us E-120 drivers are in classes through Oct 14, Oct 14 is the last of us, so anything after that is new hire and upgrades, Sabre60 may have more info on 70 seat classes, I haven't paid any attention , but that is going to occupy some class space, they will still need new hires and upgrades, with the anticipated deliveries fo 50 seaters.
There has been roughly 12 to 16 Brasilia pilots in class together, I don't think they have placed any new hires in together for the later classes.

hang tight....

Latest resources

Back