How long for a SWA interview call?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
my understanding of the 1,000 PIC requirement is for insurance

I liked the beginning of this post where people chimed in about their flying experience and how long they've been waiting to hear from SW. Lets hear about that some more. It kinda makes me feel like I'm not the only ugly duckling out there. The other part (who's better military or civi) is just stupid
So keep it coming stay on track.

jwes said:
I liked the beginning of this post where people chimed in about their flying experience and how long they've been waiting to hear from SW. Lets hear about that some more. It kinda makes me feel like I'm not the only ugly duckling out there. The other part (who's better military or civi) is just stupid
So keep it coming stay on track.
I agree...stayontarget..

3700TT
1800 PIC T
Mil fighters -> regional T-props -> Major ->furloughed ->Pt 135 Charter
(some how my wife is still with me!)
App and Type in Oct 2004 (didn't have the PIC time yet)

PD told me it's a matter of "throughput". Just can only interview only so many at a time.

Then of course there is the selection rate.....:(

JJ

I interviewed in 1992 originally and it was 1000 pic. A year later, they weren't taking aps. When they started again, it was now 1000 PIC Turbine and I was no longer qualified as I only had 960 PIC turbine and was an FO on a turbo prop for a regional with no upgrade in site. It took me almost 5 more years to get requalified. Well, I was turned down the next time also and have just recently re-interviewed with almost 12000 TT and 2500PIC turbine. Waiting to hear but don't feel good as they aren't checking my refs yet.

Type and APP in late 2001, 2200 turbine PIC, the rest on the left. Still patiently and happily waiting.

eagledoormat said:
I interviewed in 1992 originally and it was 1000 pic. A year later, they weren't taking aps. When they started again, it was now 1000 PIC Turbine and I was no longer qualified as I only had 960 PIC turbine and was an FO on a turbo prop for a regional with no upgrade in site. It took me almost 5 more years to get requalified. Well, I was turned down the next time also and have just recently re-interviewed with almost 12000 TT and 2500PIC turbine. Waiting to hear but don't feel good as they aren't checking my refs yet.

Don't let the fact that your refs haven't been called get you down. Several guys in my interview group had their refs called and mine were not so I was expecting a letter. They got letters and I got the call, with none of my refs ever being called. No rhyme or reason how they do things, at least I can't figure it out. Keep the faith.

BMW

Thanks

Thanks, BMW! You made my Thanksgiving. Maybe...just maybe......

Anyway, thanks and best of luck to all SW hopefuls. It's a great place, and a goal worthy of the wait.

To answer the original question. Who the heck knows?

Seriously, if you read the reports of people who got the call, and people who have not yet gotten the call, you'll just pull your hair out, because there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason.

:)

FELLAS,

Thought I might share some limited experience with those that are waiting for a call to interview.

I am a Navy pointy nose puke with with some 100 or so hours messing around in light airplanes.

I got Typed @ K&S (great program aka Mike Sturgis) in late May 05.
Online app in June of 05. No call until September of 05. BUT>>>

I called PD and spoke to Kim and Lindsey( Both the best ever) and they took me through my app page by page to make sure it was formatted correctly.

My big mistake was my work history. All I put for employment history was "95 to Present" USN Strike Fighter Aviator. 2400 hours 2000 pic.

They want your employment broken down by each individual command you were in. What did you do there and what were the highlights.

Also breakdown your flying history by each and every aircraft you ever took the controls of. Seriously, being detailed will get you everywhere in this process.

After I spoke with them about my app, I got a call within three weeks for the interview.

Did the interview (amazing place and people), sweated out the 5 weeks waiting for the Letter or Call, finally getting the call to "Continue" the day before Thanksgiving. Whew!!!

I hope this helps in terms of looking over your app and making sure it's correct. Lindsey and Kim were super helpful over the phone but hopefully this post will help others avoid my mistake therby getting you an interview a lot faster. If you're looking for info on my prep or documents feel free to to ask.

Good Luck to all. NEVER GIVE UP!!!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back