How Long Before United Dumps Republic?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bvt1151

I understand there's nothing in the CPA that has allowed United to dump the Shuttle America 170's after purchasing Frontier, but how long before that can happen. I think we all agree United will be more than happy to kick them to the curb, but when is that CPA up?

Hopefully the day the JCBA is signed, but I won't hold my breath. SCOPE! SCOPE! SCOPE!

Cmon people. I'll admit I got a dog in this fight, buy you think UAL really gives a rat's behind about anything other that completion and on time.

Of what 11(?) United Express carriers maybe three of them actually run an operation that is even marginally reliable. And only 2 of those have the 76 seaters that get management drooling.

As long as Shuttle has 76 seaters that the pax love and run a good operation they go nowhere.

I'll admit I got a dog in this fight, buy you think UAL really gives a rat's behind about anything other that completion and on time.

Like, how many passengers are getting on which airlines at DEN...uh, yeah...I think they DO give a rat's behind about that.

This information is readily available, and one of the reasons that several pilot groups are not taken seriously is due to the fact that they refuse to make even the smallest effort to educate themselves.

With that being said, the CPA with UAL expires in June of 2019. The CPA is currently for 38 E170's. UAL has no discretionary right, while RAH may be booted "for cause" after a few monthly covenants are broken.

This CPA WILL be revisited after the merger. UAL is eventually going to have to eat the leases on the 170's.

Latest resources

Back