How is Life at Gojets?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

MDWCrashPad

I am awaiting class as a combo fo/ca. They say I should be a captain shortly after finishing training.

The pay is ok to start and does not really concern me much. How many days per month do they work you? How many hours of credit do you get per month. Are there trip/duty regs?

What are the schedules like? Is there any incentive pay over 75 or 80 hours?

What is the 401k matching (it says zero on this site)?

Anything else you can tell me would be great.

Thank you.

Maybe it isn't flame.

Who IS hiring these days?

Southwest, GoJets, Mesa, and maybe Pinnacle.

Pretty much it for 121 regional/majors.

I know practically nothing about Gojets. I was on my way to a flight physical at O'Hare and received a call that Gojets was there having an open house. I stopped in and they handed me an application and intereviewed me. That is why I am posting here.

In other words, my ignorance makes the 2 comments above meaningless to me.

MDW to make it easier on you, maybe you should try the search function. I can foresee where this thread will go..

In 05 Gojet was created by TSA to fly 50+ seaters for UA without being penalized by AA who doesn't allow AA Connection to fly 50+ seaters. That's all fine. But... TSA pilots voted no to flying GJ CRJs. After repeated NOs, TSA management with the help of already pissed pilot group about low QOL managed to separate TSA and GJ pilot seniority lists. Ever since then TSA pilots and others who have jumped on the band wagon accusing GJ pilots of lowering regional airline standards.... GJ since then became Union with industry standard wages and contract and has been enjoying steady growth. All the more reason for the hate. Just a quick recap.

Last edited:
I never heard of Gojets until my airline of the past 15 years went under. I'm trying to avoid going to India or China. Still recovering from the shock of it all.

Seems the key is to avoid jobs with training contracts and then leave for the higher paying job. Make supply and demand curve a 2 way street.

I was hired by Compass. They, along with the help of ALPA, seem to have come up with every way in the book not to pay you. They don't even give you a ticket to the first day of class. Their 12 month training contract is really 15 months. A real eye opener.

That's not a bad option either however that is a long contract and you'd probably have to sit FO for a while.

Latest resources

Back