• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How is Life at Gojets?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
At 400 hours and a commercial ticket, you get to decide who rides the jumpseat?

Yup 400 hours and a commercial ticket allows that :)

Their pilot group chose to bypass our union jumpseating commitee and went directly to our management to get permission for the jumpseat. Which is ironic because even our own management thought it was wrong.

I also have noticed that some GJ pilots are aware of this problem, and sneak on the back of the airplane in STL, with out ever checking in up front. Manners are hard to come by these days.

Their pilot group chose to bypass our union jumpseating commitee and went directly to our management to get permission for the jumpseat. Which is ironic because even our own management thought it was wrong.

I also have noticed that some GJ pilots are aware of this problem, and sneak on the back of the airplane in STL, with out ever checking in up front. Manners are hard to come by these days.

That's why shunning those guys is a bad idea. You want to accomplish something these days... you should be so lucky for GoJet to hire as many high time furloughed ATA/Aloha/Champion guys and then you engage them in helping your cause. Chances are they've been ALPA members way longer than most TSA pilots...

Engaging in a pissing contest with another group, especially when that group is about to consist of laid off mainline pilots only serves to further the management cause and further set you back. I don't know why is this such a difficult concept to grasp.

Hmm.

If you are an exhibition of "good" manners then I'll pass on your opinions.

If all you have is a commercial pilot license then you do NOT make the jumpseat decision, as you are only a gear jerker, as it takes someone with an ATP to be a Captain on an airplane that is being talked about in this thread. Unless you fly for Cape Air, I doubt you even fly for a company that has any jumpseat agreements if in fact you and your commercial ticket are making jumpseater decisions.

Also, I have personally never seen any jumpseater ever not check in and say hi to the crew when walking on board at least thanking them for the ride, and I've been airline flying for at least as half as long as you are alive I'd bet, maybe longer.

If you work for a real 121 operator you'd know that in their GOM it will state something to the effect that a jumpseater (whether riding in the back or not) must check in with the Captain and present his ID and pilot's license, possibly even a medical before allowed access on board as an ACM, as it is the Captain (ATP holder)'s final decision.

If a pilot walks back without saying hi to the crew he probably isn't jumpseating but riding on a pass, or he already talked to the crew before, etc.

Judge not, lest ye be judged.

Last edited:

Poor jumpseat ettiquette happens everywhere and isn't selective to one pilot group or airline. You cannot tell me it's just GoJet pilots doing this to you - I would be tempted to throw out the BS flag. We've all seen how some individuals (regardless of who they work for) do not take the time to do the right thing. There is always going to be that one person out there, but the other 99% of the time people do the right thing. That does not mean the entire pilot cadre thinks or acts this way. Don't throw stones in a glass house.

Last edited:

Act like little kids and that what will happen to you, when you start acting like professionals and grow up maybe other pilot groups will respect you. Don't start jumpseat wars, we (the professional airline pilots) worked very hard to establish this privilege to benefit us all.

Act like little kids and that what will happen to you, when you start acting like professionals and grow up maybe other pilot groups will respect you. We (here at Midwest) will never deny a j/s to anyone and would never use the j/s to make a point, so again grow up and don't start jumpseat wars, we (the professional airline pilots) worked very hard to establish this privilege to benefit us all.

Yeah, and Al Gore invented the internet! You didn't establish anything, so be sure not to break a leg as you tumble off your soapbox.

aren't you the proud owner of the above comment?
enough said..........

Hi!

It took you an hour and twenty minutes to come up with that lame retort?

Try Harder! U CAN DO IT!

Latest resources

Back