Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How intelligent/smart must you be to be a pilot??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ralgha said:
I disagree. Grab anyone at random off the street and chances are you can teach them to be a pilot. It's really not very hard to be a pilot, we just like to tell ourselves that it is to make us feel better.

This might be true with a plurality of the population, but let me tell you sometime about a few students I had. There are people whose DNA precludes them from leaving the ground under their own control!

pilotyip said:
There is direct correlation between intelligence and the ability to succeed in flying.

Does this mean that college educated pilots stand a better chance of succeeding in flying than those with no college? Now I'm confused!

MissKittyKat said:
Thanks semp! I did mine on-line just for the hell of it!

Now semp, put a christmas bow on that dog! She/he is beautiful!

he says thanks a lot, but he will stick with camo. :)

GVFlyer said:
Fido, you are an evil man.

GV
thanks GV...coming from you I will take that as a compliment :)

Last edited:
imacdog, a college education does necessarily correlate to intelligence. Look at Bill Gates, no degree; look a David Neilman no degree. I have tested many college grads that score below non-grads on our entrance test. Will a college grad normally score above a non-degreed guy depends upon the guy.

The camo is nice too! Semp! I say flying requires the use of your left brain hemisphrere? Thank god f/a's dont fall into this category!

just look at all the nimrods in the State Dept. (most of them have degrees up the wazoo) ...and they still can't tie their own shoes or scratch their __ls and chew gum at the same time. :)

Last edited:
I've known people with college degrees who didn't know if Australia and Mexico shared a common border, and couldn't say for sure if WWII was fought in the 1940s or 1960s. Seriously!

There are some excellent colleges, but degrees are a dime-a-dozen. All it means is you spent 2 or 4 years at some institution, had your bills paid, and made a minimum effort. It really depends on the individual, and what they made of their time in college.

imacdog said:
Does this mean that college educated pilots stand a better chance of succeeding in flying than those with no college? Now I'm confused!

Education and intelligence are not the same thing.

Wesb737fo said:
.....we Don't Get French Benefits!

Only if you live near the Leaning Tower of Pizza next to Steely Dan's house!

Latest resources

Back