• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How gullible does JetBlue think we are?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Depending on the time of day, some of our block times from JFK to SFO are 6 hours and 57 mins on the Song 757 (probably 57 mins for taxi), and a bit less for LA. If there are delays on either end (less in LA probably), it could mean a very long day, and with probable WX delays or traffic delays coming back to JFK---could mean disaster. I wonder why ALPA just put out a fatigue survey and gave the responses to the media? Good job ALPA.

Bye Bye--General Lee

dlredline said:
Nice to have a face with the name when they get the application . . .

I don't think that we have to worry, the Gulfstream site said that he was a new hire at Airtran. Lucky them.

Funny how Uppercrust is all in a tizzy about the 190 rates when he went and plunked down a lot of cash at Gulfstream. In all actuallity, he's probably someone just trying to stir the pot and using some poor shmuck's mug shot.

Last edited:
Uppercrust said:
Oh,..... just take a look at the 190 rates. It's just the begining there. Next there going to charge you for those blue potatoe chips!

Hey look, it's Mr. Flamebait, at it again.

The bad spelling and horrible picture have to be a set-up as an invitation to flame this guy...

I mean, pay to play, calls himself 'uppercrust', and that avatar? C'mon....

If he's for real, the only action he's getting on an overnight is if he pays to play, too.

Here at Expressjet, I tend to do day trips. The majoirty of our day trips are 4 legs with a bunch of sit time (I try for the two leggers if I can)...but anyway an example would be GSP turn followed by a 2.5 hour sit then SYR sit for an hour then return. They end up being about 6 hours of flight time and about 12-13 hours of duty. Now I know how important it is to maintain rest standards but if I have to do 12 or 13 hours of duty anyway, I'd rather bank in 10 or 11 hours of flight time. 12-13 hours of duty is rough but not killer...it's when my last leg gets screwed and I end up doing 14-16 that I get really tired. Point is that I get tired whether I'm complaining about sitting around or flying but I'd even add that sitting around is more tiring that flying. It's all about the duty time when it comes to fatigue.
If they were restricted to the day, maybe with an IRO type of setup for good measure, I'd rather do a transcon turn than go out, rest for 8 hours during the day then fly back. The 8 hours of "rest" when I can't go to sleep would be worse than just spinning around and coming home. And talk about a productive trip! The other thing is that it would have to be restricted to have the day before and after off.
6 out and 5 back roughly...11 hours. Imagine only having to do that twice a week 88 hours of pay and 20+ days off....sounds good to me. Hell I might pick one more up to make it 99 hours and lose one day off. At Jetblue pay, which many people tend to forget is better than most of the Legacy's these days, that could be some good coin.

Besides you can already do this internationally, whats the difference?

General Lee said:
Depending on the time of day, some of our block times from JFK to SFO are 6 hours and 57 mins on the Song 757 (probably 57 mins for taxi), and a bit less for LA. If there are delays on either end (less in LA probably), it could mean a very long day, and with probable WX delays or traffic delays coming back to JFK---could mean disaster. I wonder why ALPA just put out a fatigue survey and gave the responses to the media? Good job ALPA.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Yeah, I think if everything went perfect, no delays, no wx issues, ect...you might be able to do a east-west turn in 14 hrs block. That's best case, imo.

Good luck.

Latest resources

Back