Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How "gear down and locked" can ruin your day...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Tram said:
Here's a question for you float flyers...

How do you do a runup?
Same way you do in a landplane .... except the plane is moving. Same with flying on skis. Point the airplane away from anything you don't want to hit.

What do you do if tower tells you to "hold short" (yes there are tower controlled seaplane bases"

360's? :)

Put the flaps down and idle into the wind.

Our dock was a pain and sometimes you had to back the seaplane into the spot. Or inbetween two seaplanes.

That was a pain.

I saw a Lake Renegade once that had a reversing prop back into the dock once. I thought that it was a cool idea. Guess it was too expensive to maintain or buy because that was the only time that I saw one.

A Squared said:
Bingo! See this float flying really isn't that hard once you start thinking about it. It's a lot of fun, you should try it some day.

I plan on it.. I would love to get some float time.. Been thinking about going to Brown's or really considering Kenmore Air, just because I've never seen that part of the country...

That was freaking hilarious. The only thing cooler would be landing on floats on a concrete runway at night.

Those guys got thrown around pretty hard though, I'll bet it didn't feel too good.

Latest resources

Back