How do you brief your departure?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
mar said:
I think it's fairly standard to leave the decision to abort with the Capt.
That may be true for some operations, but certainly not all. Many Part 91 corporate operators fly with two fully qualified type-rated guys up front who swap seats from leg-to-leg. This is the case in every Part 91 jet job I've ever had. Under those conditions it is perfectly acceptable for either guy to call the abort and to talk about why he did it after they have come to a stop.

'Sled

The food chain

Yeah. Fair enough.

I know corporate operators use "co-captain" style CRM. I suppose I could've been more specific with regard to the food chain in use at most airlines...

...that'd be Capt, FE, mechanic, load master, then FO, in that order.

mar said:
Yeah. Fair enough.

I know corporate operators use "co-captain" style CRM. I suppose I could've been more specific with regard to the food chain in use at most airlines...

...that'd be Capt, FE, mechanic, load master, then FO, in that order.
Yeah, I had a Captain tell me that the FO was only there so that if they ever crashed in a wilderness they'd have something to feed on.

'Sled

Well that's a real compliment!

Most Capts (usually ex-mil) ;) tell me they'd rather have 180# more fuel than me on board.

:)

mar said:
Most Capts (usually ex-mil) ;) tell me they'd rather have 180# more fuel than me on board.

:)
Yup, I've flown with guys like that and when I do the briefing is modified a little bit...

"Sit down, shut up, and don't touch anything red." :p

'Sled

Latest resources

Back