How do the World Guys like the 744s?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

General Lee

Any World guys hear anything or have any experiences on the new 744s? I think I saw one at JFK a few days ago and it looked nice. Do you have 2 of them now, and are they on specific runs?

Bye Bye--General Lee

Just one on line, the other is in conversion at the moment. The guys I know on it like flying them. They have had the usual teething problems when a new airframe is introduced.

At the moment the one that is online is contracted to Lufthansa flying FRA-DKR-VCP-CWB-FRA.

It seems that there is plenty of work as we heard that 3 different airlines all wanted the aircraft on contract.

Uh-oh, the General's thinking about flying something new!

I heard NWA 744 time may be "drifting" towards ATL eventually.....:)

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
Any World guys hear anything or have any experiences on the new 744s? I think I saw one at JFK a few days ago and it looked nice. Do you have 2 of them now, and are they on specific runs?

Bye Bye--General Lee

Keep dreaming General...better get used to the view from this office...

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Northwest-Airlines/McDonnell-Douglas-DC-9-32/1316201/L/&tbl=photo_info&photo_nr=216&sok=WHERE__(aircraft_generic_%3D_%27McDonnell_Douglas_DC-9_(C-9_NightingaleESCSLASHSkytrain_II)%27)_&sort=_order_by_photo_id_DESC_&prev_id=1316265&next_id=1315879

I like it so far. Just finished IOE 10 days ago. My only complaint is the noise level in the cockpit at cruise. The MD-11 is much quieter.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back