How do I find a good corporate job?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

WestSide

I am currently working for an airline and want out. What is the best way to go about finding a good corporate job? Any help would be appreciated

make a friend or have a buddy walk you in and grease the skids.:)...seriously- that is THE best tried and true method.

otherwise contact Tag, Jet Aviation, Privatair, Netjets and a host of other mgmt, fractional ops in order to get your foot in the door.

Last edited:
Stand in line...in the mean time NETWORK NETWORK NETWORK!!!

Where do you work and why do you want out??? I'm corporate thinking wondering about the regionals. Grass is always greener aint it?

WestSide said:
I am currently working for an airline and want out. What is the best way to go about finding a good corporate job? Any help would be appreciated

any previous charter/135 experience? maybe get some?
If so, be sure to emphasize that on your resume, anything to show you have done it before....if not you look like an airline guy who is sick of it because its bad times for the airlines - so you figure you will switch to corporate. Jump ship to better.

Many managers dont like to see this, even today. They figure as soon as the airlines recover (if?) you will jump right back..which I dont really see...but the "old school" is still out there for a few more years...

Unfortunatly, I think its hard on guys trying to make the switch to corporate. However, these days I cant imagine a guy leaving a good corp gig for any airline...they have taken a real pounding and I cant see it ever being ike it was...

Good luck!

I can think of no reason to go airline from Corporate. I am one of the lucky ones who came from the airline world and got a good Corporate gig right off the bat. Airlines? BLEH.

The Natural said:
Where do you work and why do you want out??? I'm corporate thinking wondering about the regionals. Grass is always greener aint it?

No it's not. Regional flying sucks. Lengthy seniority buildup (no cappy for long time) crappy overnights, SECURITY, mainline dependance, same 'ol ALPA BS (pilots vs. company), busy airports, crabby people, no tips, possibly commuting if your base closes, "oh, you're just a commuter pilot?" on and on and on. A good corporate gig far outweighs a good regional gig, if their is such a thing left anymore.

AZT

The Natural said:

what kind of "corporate' gig do you have that has you eyeing up the regionals?

Latest resources

Back