How do I become a pilot in the ANG?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

MadMullet

For the past couple of weeks I have been unsuccessfully trying to contact someone in the Air National Guard about becoming a pilot. Considering I don't know anyone in the ANG anywhere, I have no idea what the process is or what is required to apply. I have a degree in Aerospace Studies and have about 1100 hours and am currently flying Learjets and Citations as a co-pilot for a charter company in PA. Do guard units even accept civilian pilots? What requirements do I need to apply? What are units really looking for? Who do I apply to, or better yet, who do I call? What are my chances of ever getting an opportunity to fly for them? I would really appreciate any help.

First post I see. Welcome to the board. You can search any topic that's been written about on this site. If you search "ANG" you will get more info than you could possibly digest.

Mullet,

Try www.ang.af.mil. You should be able to get individual unit info from there. Call the units and ask to speak to some one in operations about pilot slots. Go to operations and not the recruiter.

I was in your shoes a long time ago and came into the Guard off the street. I got a pilot slot and it was the best career move I ever made.

The best advise I can give is to apply at every unit. Take the first slot you get and never give up.

Good Luck

CLAMBAKE

ANG/AFR POC info

MM,
If you'd like to PM me your email address, I can email you contact info for every Guard and AFR unit in the country.

Good luck to you.

MadMullet said:
For the past couple of weeks I have been unsuccessfully trying to contact someone in the Air National Guard about becoming a pilot. Considering I don't know anyone in the ANG anywhere, I have no idea what the process is or what is required to apply. I have a degree in Aerospace Studies and have about 1100 hours and am currently flying Learjets and Citations as a co-pilot for a charter company in PA. Do guard units even accept civilian pilots? What requirements do I need to apply? What are units really looking for? Who do I apply to, or better yet, who do I call? What are my chances of ever getting an opportunity to fly for them? I would really appreciate any help.

PM me

Ang

Mad Mullet,

First, I hope your hair cut is not a mullet. Just kidding. Try Baseops.net It is a great AF/ANG web site. Someone there should steer you in the wright direction. Best of luck and thank you for thinking about serving this Great Nation.

Latest resources

Back