Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How did the ATL CPO go from wise to rookie in less than 1 year?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's all about $$$$$$ and having someone who will march to the beat of S.H.'s directions--experience has nothing to do with it. The more junior--the cheaper the cost.

The current opening was for $95k salaried. If a senior reserve 700 capt had gotten that slot it would have been a pretty hefty raise. A "junior" guy would have cost the company more money in that case.

The current opening was for $95k salaried. If a senior reserve 700 capt had gotten that slot it would have been a pretty hefty raise. A "junior" guy would have cost the company more money in that case.

Oxymoron: Senior reserve 700 Captain--please explain

I made more than $95K my first year on the 200 in 2001. I was fairly senior but not topped out.

Are you sure it was for salaried for $95K or up to $95K.
At any rate, the winner took a pay hit!

Two years ago, every CP in that office made over $120K, except for maybe one.

Based on a comparison, I would say there has been significant savings from 2 years ago. But, that's just an educated guess.

if the mr. cash everyone is referring to is randy cash, then i say you have one of the best guys in the business in the office. i worked for him 10 years ago flying king airs at a drop zone, he got me hired at asa, and then i moved on to airtran. i owe the man my professional career as a pilot. he is a straight shooter, no b.s., do your job and will help you out kind of guy. i can think of no one in aviation i would rather work for. i wish he was in our cp office across the street.

if someone talks to him, tell him hank says hi.

I've been here 20 years, and I think BS is one of the best CPs we've had. He's always taken care of things I brought up (or caused lol). He always replies back via email when I go that route. Concerning his flying the line and being ambitious in the management chain, so what. Someone has to go that route, and BS doing that is not a problem for me. As far as the new selection, RC, I think he'll be a fine addition to the CP office. Always been a top IP, and as has been mentioned, alot of experience. I'll miss BD & Col RC as CPs though.

Hoser
Roll Tide!

+1 here. BS backed me up twice in a one month period when he was a very new CP. Both times a deferral was the issue and both times he told me something to the effect of, "if you're not comfortable with it, don't go. Sounds reasonable to me." You could do a lot worse than BS when it comes to Chief Pilots. As for Cash.... you couldn't hope for a better pilot advocate in the CPO than him. If you don't know Randy, I can assure you that you'll be very pleased the first time you need a CP and have to go to him.

Speed,

Yes the job was for $95k salaried, I'm sure of it. My point was that there are guys that have been here 7+ years that are on the top of the reserve list frot he 700 that are only making 75 hrs. That equates to about $70k and a 25k raise. In an era when we are watching costs like a hawk it makes no sense to move a line holder or reserve guy into the CP's office when the IP slot likely will not be filled. He gets a small cut Dillon makes about the same and money is saved by taking a more senior pilot in the CP's office.

+1 here. BS backed me up twice in a one month period when he was a very new CP. Both times a deferral was the issue and both times he told me something to the effect of, "if you're not comfortable with it, don't go. Sounds reasonable to me." You could do a lot worse than BS when it comes to Chief Pilots. As for Cash.... you couldn't hope for a better pilot advocate in the CPO than him. If you don't know Randy, I can assure you that you'll be very pleased the first time you need a CP and have to go to him.

Cash will do well as a CP. As for the Youngster, is anyone surprised that he's now the BCP? I'm not.

Fresh veiws

I am glad to see some new faces in the CP office, lets get a new fresh look at things instead of the same old crappy views and bad attitudes from BD and RC. I am glad they are out of there.
These new guys will do a good job.

With BS.....EVERYTIME I have called him after being instructed to by OCC over an issue, his response was, 'whatever you decide, I have your back and will support your decision.' That is what I want to hear. I can't always say the same with other CP's.

Speed. The pay actually went back up to 95. When the hired in the people in 2005 it went way down. They stopped getting annual bumps, and it got really bad. Now they bumped it back up to 95. It needs to be a lot more.

It's not about who has been around the longest. Brad is the best person for the job. He is responsive and attentive to the pilot group, while acting as an effective administrator for the company. He is the most professional chief pilot I have ever met. To hell with all the good ole boys. Their haircuts as well as their vision are outdated and stale...

Latest resources

Back