Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How can I end up as a passenger on a Republic 100 seat "regional" jet?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Beetle007

Since I can't book tickets directly on Republic, I am curious how I could end up on Republic's new 100 seat regional jet that they will be flying as a Midwest codeshare.

1. If I go to the Delta website, could I end up as a passenger on a 100 seat regional jet?

2. If I go to the Continental website, could I end up as a passenger on a 100 seat regional jet via a Delta codeshare?

3. If I go to the Alaska Airlines website, could I end up as a passenger on a 100 seat regional jet via a Delta codeshare?

Last edited:
Booking a flight on Midwest was obvious. I originally put that as one of the options but I didn't want to insult the intelligent people on this board. I wanted to point out (and ask) which other ways a person could end up on a Republic 100 seat RJ.

I was trying to point out that this Midwest issue could possible affect the scope of all airlines that have a codeshare. Mix in the fact that Delta owns almost 49% of Midwest and this is very messy. This issue sets a huge legal precedence for outsourced flying!

What prevents Delta or Continental from operating unlimited 100 seat RJs via the Midwest/Republic codeshare? This is almost like money laundering except it is scope laundering. If there is something to prevent this then please tell me as I am asking an honest question.

MONEY LAUNDERING - Conduct/acts designed in whole or in part to conceal or disguise the nature, location, source, ownership or control of money (can be currency or equivalents, eg. checks, electronic transfers, etc.) to avoid a transaction reporting requirement under state or federal law or to disguise the fact that the money was acquired by illegal means.

Did you guys not get the memo? RAH is now the defacto domestic carrier for DAL! All the 9's and 80's are going to the desert and they will buy 100's of these 190s to fly around as a "code share". 1000's of DAL pilots will be out and RAH will hire 1000's young ready to go cheap labor to fly a cool new big plane. I don't care if they only pay $23 an hour I'm happy to be flying!

We are F'd if this goes through! WOOOHOOO:puke:

Part of me is honestly trying to understand if this only affects Delta or if it also affects a Delta codeshare partner. I am not trying to be a smart ass. I just want to know what type of ripple this could send throughout the industry.

For example, can Delta codeshare partners (such as Alaska or Continental) currently sell a ticket on a Delta regional (such as Pinnacle, Compass, Comair, Mesaba)?

If so, then is there somethimg to stop a Delta codeshare partner from selling a ticket on a Midwest codeshare 100 seat RJ operated by Republic?

the 100 seat regional barrier has been broke, thanks to Delta's weak sisters.
Oh, you can buy your 100 seat republic ticket on Delta.

Latest resources

Back