Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
pilotyip

Do you expect any hiring in the DC-9?

With a mortgage in SoCal and a wife working - so far, I can't make the contract DA20 FO thing work.
We may, did you apply? PM me with details.

got 3 of em starting at JUS next week, DA-20 drivers

Pilotyip and sshare are good people. We need to all look out for each other in these hard times. My prayers are with all those that are being furloughed. If I hear of any job openings, I'll post them and we all should do the same.

Pilotyip takes a lot of crap on some other parts of this board. All undeserved I might add. He catches hell because of who he works for and what his position is. Even though he holds multiple degrees himself he's called everything except a child of God because of his stance on pilots and college degrees. He's called a management troll because he's found contentment and satisfaction making less than $100K. I've been on FI since the start and pilotyip has been consistent in word and deed the whole time. I doubt if there's anybody on here that's voluntarily helped more guys find work.

Kudos pilotyip, but it doesn't surprise me one little bit. You've been helping guys get hired for years.

Pilotyip and sshare are good people. We need to all look out for each other in these hard times. My prayers are with all those that are being furloughed. If I hear of any job openings, I'll post them and we all should do the same.

I agree with you about Pilotyip. He's got an open invitation to the beer of his choice on the next HSV overnight. (no, I'm not buttering him up for a job:laugh:)

Pilotyip takes a lot of crap on some other parts of this board. All undeserved I might add. He catches hell because of who he works for and what his position is. Even though he holds multiple degrees himself he's called everything except a child of God because of his stance on pilots and college degrees. He's called a management troll because he's found contentment and satisfaction making less than $100K. I've been on FI since the start and pilotyip has been consistent in word and deed the whole time. I doubt if there's anybody on here that's voluntarily helped more guys find work.

Kudos pilotyip, but it doesn't surprise me one little bit. You've been helping guys get hired for years.

I could not have said it better myself! Thanks pilotyip for helping our guys.

Job outside of flying

Might I suggest looking into U.S. government work? I too fell on hard times with the economy and lost my flying job. I applied to be an aviation analyst with the National Geospatial intelligence agency, and made it in. I have since discovered that with the baby boomers about to retire, some 60% of the entire government is about to be replaced!

You can always go back to flying in some capacity.

AWACS

good luck to guys ending up at active, last time they laid off it was under very unethical circumstance.

Latest resources

Back