How are the 495 doing?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

glasspilot

I'd like to ask a question with all the respect in the world...

How are the 495 doing looking for work? Does NetJets have any sort of internal job search assistance going on? Are people finding work / leads?

Also, is anybody looking outside aviation to wait out the furlough? If so, what sort of things are you looking at to bring in money? If you are looking outside aviation, are you worried about currency?

Just curious and hoping for the best for all...

gp

Last edited:
I wish them ALL the best luck!

In the 5 years of furlough w/ NWA I did a 4 month Baja trip, worked training the TSA, got married, had a 3 month honeymoon in SE Asia, & was a stay at home dad w/ my daughter for 1.5 yrs.

One never know when or why things happen - but there is ALWAYS a reason!

One just need to find that reason. God Speed!

Baja.

How are the 495 doing looking for work? Does NetJets have any sort of internal job search assistance going on? Are people finding work / leads?

NJASAP has offered furlough information packets to all of the 495. Among the information included are job search subscriptions for members. NJASAP is also devolping a contract pilot data base for furloughed NetJets pilots. Additionally, resume services have been made available to members.

We have heard of some folks who have found jobs, but I don't have any statistics.

If you are going to find work outside of flying, who gives a $hit about currency? If you're actively looking for another flying job, I suppose it would be more important. When these guys and gals are recalled, NJ will make sure they are current.

Count me in the group with Baja. Sure a furlough can be stressful. It can also be an opportunity. I'm lucky that my wife has a good job. I've spent the last six months spending quality time with my son, climbing mountains, skiing back down them, mountain biking, camping, taking courses that I couldn't previously because of my work schedule, and generally enjoying life. Currency? The farthest thing from my mind. there is MUCH more to life than flying a stupid jet and sometimes it takes a furlough to open your eyes to that fact.

That being said, I'd like to be back to work within six months.

I hit an engineering job far last week and had one promising lead. When I started digging in to the job the recruiter was talking about it became obvious I didn't qualify for it. Still looking outside of aviation.

I'm waiting on my medical to get back from the Feds, so I can't really apply for any flying jobs, but I've heard from some buddies who have that they're getting the "no thanks" from the few that are hiring. Seems having an NJA seniority number may be a deal breaker with some companies (or so I've been told).

I'd like to ask a question with all the respect in the world...

Also, is anybody looking outside aviation to wait out the furlough? If so, what sort of things are you looking at to bring in money? If you are looking outside aviation, are you worried about currency?

Just curious and hoping for the best for all...

gp
For me, I got incredibly lucky, a job flying and managing a citation at my home airport in San Diego. A pay raise to top it off. It was pure luck though, I know most of the guys I have talked to are having a hell of a time finding work. If any NJA guys out there are in SD and need part time work shoot me a pm and I'll see if I can help you out.
ss

For me, I got incredibly lucky, a job flying and managing a citation at my home airport in San Diego. A pay raise to top it off. It was pure luck though, I know most of the guys I have talked to are having a hell of a time finding work. If any NJA guys out there are in SD and need part time work shoot me a pm and I'll see if I can help you out.
ss
Thanks sshrae. A fellow San Diegan on the 495 list and looking for work. I sent you the PM. Thanks my friend.

Wow...

ss

I think that you are the first one that I have heard of to find a job. Congrats... I am happy for you. Me, I am still looking, have had a few leads shot down, working on a couple of others. The market really sucks, and so far I feel as though I am a piece of fruit that fell off the forbidden tree. Happy holidays to all.

The Xtra10th

bump,

any updates here?

I'll see one of ours for dinner tomorrow night. I'll ask.

Latest resources

Back