How are the 495 doing?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
got 3 of em starting at JUS next week, DA-20 drivers

I had some Ass Clown ask me if I'd be willing to fly a Citation in VNY for free. I told him to go suck it. I can't believe someone would actually ask that. Yet I'm sure some Sausage Sucker will take the job.

I had some Ass Clown ask me if I'd be willing to fly a Citation in VNY for free. I told him to go suck it. I can't believe someone would actually ask that. Yet I'm sure some Sausage Sucker will take the job.

"Sure. But I make $600 per day in per diem."

While most of us here and around the country wouldn't fly for free, there are those that will. These few will end up creating more trouble than they think. Stand tall and don't accept anything less than what you're worth. I just did a contract trip last week and the pay was great. When it came time to talk about my daily rate, things could have gone two ways. I chose to take a chance and decided not to low-ball and it went well. The fact that I feel like I got "lucky" by the owner accepting my rate shows what an industry this has become. We shouldn't have to feel strange asking for what we're worth.

Same assclown asked me also. He is advertising on climbto350. I not-so-subtly made the point that he is advertising on an EMPLOYMENT website! Too bad there are still ******************************bags like him around.

Still looking

I'm a 495'er....based in GSO.....starting to focus on a job outside of aviation until i get called back..

I would like to get involved with something that i keep doing once i get called back to NJA....

any ideas? real estate, landscaping, insurance sales?

Back in April when all this crap started, I started working as a plumbing apprentice(Service Tech). Being on the 7 and 7, I was able to land the apprentice thing on my days off. I have 8 months under my belt and by the end of summer I will be in my own truck sleeping in my own bed every night! The company I'm working for has 12 service techs and the low end guy is clearing 70k/year. The high end is 150k/year!!! Seeing what is out there for plumbing techs, I think I can fall in the middle without to much trouble. It's not very glamorous, but the money is great and I'm home EVERY night.

The plan is to go back to the 7/7 IF we ever recall and work the plumbing gig part time. Working part time will pay as much as the 7/7. Getting 4 days off a month the last 8 months has sucked a#$, but now it seems to be paying off. Plumbing isnt for everyone, but the money is great in service and finding a cleancut, un-drugged, non ex-con in plumbing is almost impossible. The owner of my shop was drooling at the potential with an educated, cleancut guy who actually knows how to sell a job! Best of luck!

congrats

Back in April when all this crap started, I started working as a plumbing apprentice(Service Tech). Being on the 7 and 7, I was able to land the apprentice thing on my days off. I have 8 months under my belt and by the end of summer I will be in my own truck sleeping in my own bed every night! The company I'm working for has 12 service techs and the low end guy is clearing 70k/year. The high end is 150k/year!!! Seeing what is out there for plumbing techs, I think I can fall in the middle without to much trouble. It's not very glamorous, but the money is great and I'm home EVERY night.

The plan is to go back to the 7/7 IF we ever recall and work the plumbing gig part time. Working part time will pay as much as the 7/7. Getting 4 days off a month the last 8 months has sucked a#$, but now it seems to be paying off. Plumbing isnt for everyone, but the money is great in service and finding a cleancut, un-drugged, non ex-con in plumbing is almost impossible. The owner of my shop was drooling at the potential with an educated, cleancut guy who actually knows how to sell a job! Best of luck!
with your attitude you will do well, congrats.

with your attitude you will do well, congrats.

pilotyip

Do you expect any hiring in the DC-9?

With a mortgage in SoCal and a wife working - so far, I can't make the contract DA20 FO thing work.

Latest resources

Back