• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How about this for PBS at ASA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Good question. I guess the only way that would work is the dropper forgoes the pay credit if he drops, and the person picking up just gets the credit for the block. Might not work with our crack payroll staff, I suppose, but it would be really nice to be able to do.

That's one of those things you have to be clear on. At Skywest, if you drop a trip, or part of it, you forgo the pay unless you take vacation, or user time. Then the company puts it in open time for straight flight time pay, no premiums, or minimum guarantee.

If you work a trade straight across with somebody, where you assign the trip to them, then they get paid the whole amount.

some days I would kill to be able to drop the last round trip and just go home... it's worth the pay loss. Especially if it was going to make my commute home easier...

OOOO How about more bases in exchange for PBS (I know, one has absolutely nothing to do with the other, I just want at least ONE other base)

Be careful what you wish for.

Seriously!? ASA opening another base? When pigs fly... mgt is too scared/scared.

it's not even a negotiating tool! Just my crack-@$$ mind's way of working and wishing I never had to see Atlanta ever again.

Last edited:
That's one of those things you have to be clear on. At Skywest, if you drop a trip, or part of it, you forgo the pay unless you take vacation, or user time. Then the company puts it in open time for straight flight time pay, no premiums, or minimum guarantee.

If you work a trade straight across with somebody, where you assign the trip to them, then they get paid the whole amount.

Will you explain the straight across trade in regard to the whole amount? Define the whole amount, please!

Thanks

Say I want to get rid of a trip that pays 13:25 for 10 hrs and 15 minutes of flying in two days. You want to pick that trip up, and are legal to do it, so you and I get together, I assign it to you, you pick it up for 13:25. Done deal. There is a feature in PBS that allows it.

But if I dropped it into open time, the company turns around and offers it for the flight time, 10:15. They saved themselves 3:10 in the deal.

Say I want to get rid of a trip that pays 13:25 for 10 hrs and 15 minutes of flying in two days. You want to pick that trip up, and are legal to do it, so you and I get together, I assign it to you, you pick it up for 13:25. Done deal. There is a feature in PBS that allows it.

But if I dropped it into open time, the company turns around and offers it for the flight time, 10:15. They saved themselves 3:10 in the deal.

Got it! So if I were to pick a trip up in open time that another pilot submitted, I only get block and no credit.

In the case where you place the trip into open time, I assume that you are still responsible for the trip until someone actually picks it up?

If the Company has time in open time, and you pick it up, do you get the credit then? Do you guys still get time and 1/2 for open time pickup of company posted open time?

Latest resources

Back