• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How about this for PBS at ASA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thats Koolaid point number one. Make everyone feel as if PBS is inevitable. " you might as well have some say". Thats nonsense. Just Vote NO!

Unless of course you're in the top 20% of Captains, than by all means, take a chance.

Thats Koolaid point number one. Make everyone feel as if PBS is inevitable. " you might as well have some say". Thats nonsense. Just Vote NO!

Unless of course you're in the top 20% of Captains, than by all means, take a chance.

Clarence, who in the Union did you talk to about PBS? Have you even spoken to anyone with any factual information, or are your spouting the "PBS SUCKS" because because because because of all the crappy things it does....?

Will you be willing to take a paycut in order to keep our current bidding system? We're gonna have to stay in line with everyone else. Too expensive=dead.

Trojan

Clarence, who in the Union did you talk to about PBS? Have you even spoken to anyone with any factual information, or are your spouting the "PBS SUCKS" because because because because of all the crappy things it does....?

Will you be willing to take a paycut in order to keep our current bidding system? We're gonna have to stay in line with everyone else. Too expensive=dead.

Trojan

I'm basing my opinion on PBS from what I hear from other airlines that have it and the guys I've talked to. Most of em seem to dislike it=my reasoning. Of course I'm willing to hear what they say about it.....

I'm basing my opinion on PBS from what I hear from other airlines that have it and the guys I've talked to. Most of em seem to dislike it=my reasoning. Of course I'm willing to hear what they say about it.....

Why don't you talk to your Union Reps? Every PBS is different at every airline due to pilot input. I've talked to DU and NT the Cap'n Reps at length--DU anyway. He was a staunch opposer to it all until he saw how PBS will be implemented at ASA. Why don't you call your rep, and ask him. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by what you hear. Just my opinion, but it's better than FI bs.

Trojan

Pbs saves money how? Less people needed, why is that a good thing for us? We have 80 out now. Lower bid position on the airplane, a pay cut because of less day's off a year, blind bidding, and the list goes on.

Sure the senior guy's including the union members you talk about might see a benefit in it, but the junior people will suffer for it.

What about the AdOpt system, and I refuse to talk to my union reps due to the face one specifically told me during the contract neg and "bonus" dispersion that if you dont like it, vote us out, because that's the way we're doing it, even though some of us are working on fiscal masters degrees and might know more than them. Anyway long story short, anyone brought this up yet? If you want specific days off, you get a bank of points to use to bid specific days off.

Not that I'm into helping the company out by any stretch of the imagination. I'll do my job, to the best of my ability, however, they talk about PBS, but ZERO on who, and what software they will use. BRING ON THE DEETS FIRST!!!! then allow us to make a decision.

Pbs saves money how? Less people needed, why is that a good thing for us? We have 80 out now. Lower bid position on the airplane, a pay cut because of less day's off a year, blind bidding, and the list goes on.

Sure the senior guy's including the union members you talk about might see a benefit in it, but the junior people will suffer for it.

We don't get PBS, there will be a lot more than 80 that will hit the street. I haven't seen any details on PBS at ASA, you have? You've already made your decision based on speculation on FI? Please tell me what else to expect, because the people I've talked to on the working group say pretty much opposite of what you're talking about.

Our current bidding system "benefits the senior group." The bottom scheds are crap now.

Trojan

What about the AdOpt system, and I refuse to talk to my union reps due to the face one specifically told me during the contract neg and "bonus" dispersion that if you dont like it, vote us out, because that's the way we're doing it, even though some of us are working on fiscal masters degrees and might know more than them. Anyway long story short, anyone brought this up yet? If you want specific days off, you get a bank of points to use to bid specific days off.

Not that I'm into helping the company out by any stretch of the imagination. I'll do my job, to the best of my ability, however, they talk about PBS, but ZERO on who, and what software they will use. BRING ON THE DEETS FIRST!!!! then allow us to make a decision.

Good idea, rather than talk to the only people who know anything about PBS (at ASA), you stick your head in the sand. If you believe some people who are representing you are not truthful, you need to start asking questions....This way you can piece together what you need to know and what you are hearing.

There's gonna be positives and negatives to this system. It won't be all positive and it won't be all negative as others have written. Think about the benefits of having it vs. not. Don't take my word for it, write BH. I did. I've talked to both the Company and Union at length over it. You'd be surprised what you learn if you just dig a little.

Trojan

Latest resources

Back