• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How about non aviation forums?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Again, I have no problem with creating or moderating another forum. If you want it, ask the Webmaster and maybe he will make it happen. I cannot do so.

FYI, he specifically asked us NOT to delete or curtail any of these "off topic" posts, as they often create intense interest. Go figure.

BTW, Diesel, you still haven't answered my question... :cool:

Sorry i didn't realize i forgot. I gave 50 bucks the first time around. Didn't go in on the second time because 50 bucks is a lot and my financial situation has changed a lot since then. :(

I'll tell you what Diesel.

When I get a national spot under SAG, I'll cover you for the 50. Deal?

Diesel said:
since the amount of interviewing has almost become nill there isn't really a reason to have a whole section to it.

huh...what rock have you been hiding under :confused:

Diesel said:
Those sections pretty much stick to themselves. All types of questions and answers get posted there having to deal with the specific title. Majors, regionals, fractional, cargo etc.

and that was exactly my point. the title says exactly thus... Discussion pertaining to Aviation Interviews ONLY. All other infomation should be on the AMB, but most of those questions have nothing to do with interviews themselves. so do we then need a whole other section for non-interview threads? i certainly dont think so ;)

Diesel said:
If the moderator's actually moderated they would clean the general section up.

i disagree there too. ive been a moderator on other boards, and as long as you keep the pot-stirrers under control, theres quite a bit of lattitude as to whats allowed. the minute the moderators start "cracking the whip" interest wanes, as does useage, and before you know it, we'll all be browsing jetcareers just to see whats going on in dougs life :eek:

Diesel said:
All they would have to do is create another section and just copy/move the non aviation threads into there.

well...if its decided that another section is necessary, it would probably be easier to change the title of the current one and copy/move all the aviation related threads to an aviation only section instead of the other way around :p

Again I'll explain it. The moderators aren't asked to start cracking the whip. They are being asked to make another forum for non aviation interests so we can clean up the general forum a little bit.

It is true that not much aviation interview is talked in the other sections. Those sections have taken on a life of their own. They have become forums for regionals, fractionals, majors, and cargo.

There is just some aviation information that doesn't fit into any of those categories but still pertain to general discussion. For that we have the general forums.

So what about the non aviation general discussions. Should we delete them... NO. We should allow them to flourish in their own forum.

The percentage of non aviation threads is probably about 30-40percent in the general forum. It would be easier to copy/move those posts to their own forum. Being less of them it would be easier to move them not the other way around.

How about the webmaster throw in his two cents and explain why he doesn't want to divide the aviation subjects vs non aviation subjects?

WE only need to take religion and (inter)national politics from the General aviation forum.

company politics can be very interesting where airlines are concerned.

I do agree that this board is sliding off with all the people wanting to stuff religion or GW up or down your throat.

and what's with all the personal attacks that seem to have increased quite a bit too....

still waiting webmaster.

You're a stronger man than I

Good luck!

The sad truth is: pure aviation threads don't last long. People piss and moan about the amount of non-aviation posts, but they don't reply to the pure flying ones. What gives?

I've posted a few aviation topics lately and they get eight or ten replys then go away. That's ok by me, I already knew what I thought about most of them before I posted, and only posted in order to get some hanger flying started.

In a related matter, what I think we need here is section for "general aviation" topics. No career talk allowed. Most of us seem to be professional aviators; I guess that we drove off all of the hobbiest's. Where are all of the pilots who fly for the Dawn Patrol, or pilots who are building an RV, or pilots who rent a Cherokee on the weekends? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

enigma

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back