• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How about non aviation forums?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
since the amount of interviewing has almost become nill there isn't really a reason to have a whole section to it. Those sections pretty much stick to themselves. All types of questions and answers get posted there having to deal with the specific title. Majors, regionals, fractional, cargo etc.

If the moderator's actually moderated they would clean the general section up.

All they would have to do is create another section and just copy/move the non aviation threads into there.

Flown: with wings and FLOATS and a lot of slow ones. don't forget all the king airs

Civ/Mil: Civilian and PROUD

Ratings: ce-500, Floats, lonestar b-90

Current Position: pimpin

Total Time: 696969
Looking at your profile, all I can say is...who is the "anti-aviation" guy.

Pimping and 696969 in your profile gives the perception that you are non professional and to a certain degree are mocking your own aviation credentials. If you are going to call the kettle black, don't be frying pan.

Thoughts from Alaska

TurboS7--You know what? Your post is a perfect example of why things would be better if we could just talk aviation.

I really liked your posts until you chipped in your two cents on religion.

And I bet the feeling is mutual.

But instead of trying to find a point of common interest you'd rather scratch your head incredulously at where I make my home.

I'm sorry this forum doesn't resemble a little table with cheap coffee and like-minded friends patting each other on the back.

This happens to be an industry forum that's been co-opted by some very selfish and egocentric individuals who are on a self-appointed crusade to speak for Bush and to speak for Christ and to speak for the American taxpayer.

I say again: I did not donate $50 to this website to subject myself to the constant barrage of partisan politics.

So I find myself in agreement with Diesel. If the moderators don't start moderating I'm going to ask for my money back.

And then I'll leave.

At least this forum has improved somewhat over the last few months when those stoopid polls were purged from here.

I nearly fled.

I have confidence that the webmaster will make a separate forum for us and leave General Comments to those who wish to battle endlessly in the field of politics , religion and movies.

I am here for the aviation , nothing else.

Diesel,

Ignore FN FAL.

He's not here to talk aviation. He just likes to stir the pot.

Good point/idea on the moderators doing some moderating.

I'm as guilty as anyone of getting sucked into the "other" debates. So tempting.

Last edited:
You know, Mar, if I was starting all of these threads about Jesus, or George Bush, you'd have a point.

Now, look back and see who starts the thread, and ask yourself, what is the intention of the thread starter?

Usually, it is a liberal or a mocker. Not always. I'd say this is true over 80% of the time.

Now, if I have something to share on a topic, whether it is NDB approaches or tax policy, or the veracity of scripture, it's all fair game since someone decided to put the topic on the table. It's like that coffee shop, FBO lounge, or any other place that people might gather. People who love flying, and love life.

Hopefully, no one will decide to "moderate" the life out of this board.

I can think of two posters right off the top of my head who, if they were to stop initiating these threads, both Mar and Diesel would be a lot happier. Maybe it makes sense for both of you to send these guys a PM and ask them to stop these flames. Self regulation among thread creators is a lot better than outright censorship, don't you think?

We are not looking for a happy go lucky board like jet careers. Excited conversation and banter is what makes pilots who they are.

We are NOT talking censorship here. Self moderation is the best way of doing things. The problem comes that the General topic is for aviation only discussions. That is the description of what it says on the banner. What we are saying is to make another Forum for non aviation insterests to be discussed. No censorship just putting the right threads into the right forums.

That way those who want to discuss religion, politics, relationships or anything like that can go to the appropriate non aviation forums. Those of us who come here to find out more about the industry can click on the general aviation forum.

FN Fal- I am mocking my own credientials. People decide on the validitiy of a poster based on their credentials not what they actually might write. This isn't my first paper route so I don't need to prove to everyone what my quals are.

Last edited:
Diesel,

Ignore FN FAL.

He's not here to talk aviation. He's just likes to stir the pot.
Haha...just like shooting fish in a barrel with a machine gun.:D

Speaking of machine guns, two non-aviation forums that I participate in don't seem to have this problem with staying focused. One is www.uzitalk.com and the other is www.subguns.com . And even some of the other posters that participate are pilots...for majors.

I'd love to talk about aviation...there's lots to discuss, like...

RJDC?

Ailerons...rectangular or oval? You decide.

Cockpit seating arangements...should we move the captains side of the plane to the right hand side, so helicopter pilots don't feel like the odd balls?

How bout those pilot hats?

Pay For Training?

Pay for Jobs?

PC desk top flight simming in the nuclear age?

How to make rammen noodles for 6 as a 7 year career regional f.o?

What kind of flight bag stickers do you have on YOUR bag?

Should I fly freight in a death trap piston twin for some scarry operator for poverty wages or fly freight in a Caravan for 40,000 a year to start?

Which type should I buy, the 727 or the 747? Money is no object!

10 day instrument courses...do they really turn out quality IFR pilots?

ERAU vs. UND?

Can someone who pursues ratings through an FBO ever realize his dream to make 15.5K a year to fly for the regionals without PFT to help him along?

How about those single slot, electrically operated flaps? Good, Bad or indifferent?

My employer is having me fly a trip tomorrow, is it part 91 or part 135?

Do these uniform slacks make my ass look fat?

Pukka shell necklaces and slip on shoes? The metrosexual look on the flight deck...should it be allowed?

I'll take F.O.s complaining about captains for 100 dollars please!

Can I wear an airline style uniform while flight instructing at a non-part 141 flight school? My coworkers wear jeans and I am tired of them laughing at me. Their lack of professionalism is appaling!

I signed a one year employment contract at my 135 job and they paid for my type when I up-graded to captain...should I hose over my employer and everybody else that will come to this job behind me by taking that 16K a year regional job at Colgan, or should I stick to my word and serve out my year?

How can you tell if your co-pilot is gay?

Do you think that elevators should be renamed escalators?

Should pilots make enough money to own NFA firearms and a reliable car at the same time?

How about them Skyways pilots sleeping in the MKE terminal? Just because they got away with that homeless lifestyle at their last job, should they be allowed to get away with that, or should they be allowed to check into the shelter?

My EFIS is bigger than your EFIS!

Captains and FO's duke it out on the ramp...Fight fair or fight to win? What's your technique for winning a scrap on the ramp?

Your FO sings the lyrics to "FUNKY TOWN" while hand flying ILS's...how do you get him to change his tune? (Assume the captain prefers Rammstein, Radiohead and Rob Zombie).

I saw my Captain go into the crapper and take a big country boy dump, he then left the lav without washing his hands...how do I tell him that this practice annoys me, without clueing him in that at my previous job with McDonalds, hand washing requirements and techniques were posted right on the bathroom door for all employees to see?

Whoo boy, that's enough aviation chat for me...time to go make lunch and get ready for my next college class. That means a 5 week break for you guys starting tomorrow!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back