Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Diesel

TEB Hilton resident
While reading through the general message board of this board I'm amazed how much non aviation junk there is here.

Anybody up for the idea of having a new forum started for Non aviation interests. If you read the general descrption of the message board is for Aviation subjects that don't fit in the categorys below.

So how about having another forum for non aviation interests. That way those who want to talk politics, religion, and sexual orientation can have a blast.

The quickest way to make a cockpit uncomfortable is to bring up politics and religion.

Like the polls all this talk of non aviation subjects on an aviation forum is getting annoying. The moderators won't do their job and moderate so another idea has to be pushed by the people on this board. ideas?

yeah i know my grammar and spelling sucks.

The quickest way to make a cockpit uncomfortable is to bring up politics and religion.

That's probably why people are willing to bring up those subjects here, outside of the cockpit. And also, why others are willing to answer their posts.

Yes.

At least twenty posts get skipped by me every day. Just a minute ago, I passsed on the Van Halen announcement, the Jesus Freak Joke, SAT scores, President Bush, Metabolife, take a whizz, Richard Clarke, and change cert #. That's just the General forum.

It's a pilot's slice of life here. It's probably healthy to vent a little.

Timebuilder said:
At least twenty posts get skipped by me every day. Just a minute ago, I passsed on the Van Halen announcement, the Jesus Freak Joke, SAT scores, President Bush, Metabolife, take a whizz, Richard Clarke, and change cert #. That's just the General forum.

It's a pilot's slice of life here. It's probably healthy to vent a little.
You should reconsider the WIZZ thread - - it's a Polish low-cost startup called WIZZ. Includes a link to website, which includes an image gallery of their new airplane getting its purple and pink paintjob. The "i" in "wizz" is upside down - - which further reinforces in my mind just how WRONG their choice of name is. But, it's their market!

:)

Isn't it amazing how the airplanes and associated lifestyle that pilot's worship just runs out of steam after a while. Would you like to see a thread on PFT. Or maybe on Lorenzo and how he screwed up the airline industry. Or how about one on "My life as a scab and how ALPA has really messed my life up." The point is that the longest most intriguing and interesting post and thread on this complete board have been about a person. This person is all knowing , all loving, and all amazing. There is nothing in the world like flying a track across the North Atlantic. Just about the time you get to 30N you turn the lights down on the flight deck totally. The northern lights glow to the north, the sky is covered with stars so vast that it is utterly amazing. Then to top it off a 747-400 passes overhead with a beautiful contrail spilling out behind just 1000 feet above you, the you see a 767 below you doing the same. Then you think about your relationship with the creator that created it all, even the physics that enable the mechanics and the wonderment of flight. He is my Savior and my Lord, and I thank him everyday for given me the priviledge of sharing a moment like I just mentioned above. Why do the threads about Him go on for forever, because He is real, seek him and you will find Him. :D Dave

I think a separate forum is a good idea

Kind of like JetBlast on Pprune.

Here's why I think it's a good idea:

There are some posters who, in spite of their aviation interests are compelled to only post their political opinions to every thread--aviation or otherwise.

It's like a constant jackhammering to keep their ideas in the front of my mind. They keep trying to remind me of liberal bias and the sanctity of the Bible. They want me to be sympathetic towards Israel. They want me to believe the distortions of the Bush admin...

All I wanted to do was read about the state of the airline industry.

And I'll repeat myself: As long as the moderators don't forbid it then they are within their rights--even the few bad apples who abuse their right.

But if this forum were redisignated "General Aviation Topics" and everything else was banished to a JetBlast-like forum then we could sort through the rhetoric and hyperbole at OUR convenience--rather than have to wade through piles of crap that some Ditto Head felt he needed to append to a thread about unions or whatever.

Do the Right Thing.
Banish the pot-stirrers.

And you are from Alaska???My how times have changed, what happened to the sign at Soldatna that said coffee all day $1.00.
Some great discussion happened at that table, if you didn't like the discussion you just left. Cheers.

so let's look at some of the threads from today..

van halen 2004
richard clarke
hamas spirital leader killed
ugly, fat dyke windbags (my favorite)
need a new electric guitar
jesus freak joke
what are your sat's
jesus was a good con-artist
the passion of christ
a good boat repair shop in houston

So what does this have to do with flying? It's starting to drive me nuts. Just start a different forum for all this stuff. I'm a pilot. I'm could care less about trying to change people's views so they could be more like me.

Dave thanks for making my point about all these threads having nothing to do with aviation. I'm trying to clean these boards up and give those of us that want aviation only threads a place to go. You can still talk, jesus, allah, republican, democrat, any of that stuff in a seperate thread.

What this really comes down to is moderators not doing their job by moderating. It says General aviation on the title. Not all night coffee shop that you can talk about anything that comes to mind.

Agreed it would be nice just to have a place to discuss flying.

nice in theory, but it hasnt been that way since this new board started up. heck, look at the "Aviation Interviews" section, what percentage of threads over there have anything to do with info about an interview?

it used to bug me too, but i kind of enjoy the eclecticity...

...dam, is that even a word???

we do have a nice place to discuss flying. It's called www.flightinfo.com We have a nice place to discuss aviation of all aspects in the General forum.

It's all the other crap that doesn't need to be here.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back