Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Classes and stuff

Positive Rate,
They are still only covering the first week in the hotel. I interviewed in January but was unable to make two class dates due to mil duty. As for the July classes...yes, they are a go and I think they're pretty big. Sharon will be back next week and they will build the rosters. That's all I know.
Otto
P.S. Still looking for apartment info. :cool:

Thanks for the info Otto. It looks like things are finally spooling up. If anyone else here's more info on the July classes, let us know.

Apartment in Erlanger, KY

I live in the Blue Grass Manor Apartments in Erlanger, KY. It is about a 10 minute drive to the airport. Rent is about $525 for a 2 bedroom apartment, $505 for a one bedroom. They offer an airline employee discount....5% off for people signing a new lease. They are offering current residents $300 off next months rent if I recommend someone to them, and they stay for more than 30 days. If anyone is interested, I would be willing to split the $300 with them...$150 each. It has a swimming pool near the front office. Lots of airline type people live around here. Send me an e-mail if your interested.

I've moved a bunch of times for this career, so I have a suggestion. If you aren't sure about an area, just wait until you get here. I know you'lle have a lot to do during training, but your best bet is to get a list of crashpads and just go pick one. If you are single or commute, this works pretty well. I think they still give out a list of phone numbers in class, or you can wait until your basic indoc class goes to operations, and write down numbers then. You can also put up an ad yourself, that you are looking for a place. You might also make some quick friends in class, and get a place together. My way was to start my own crashpad, and have commuters for roomates. This has worked out really well for me.

Also, if you don't have a place you like and they are kicking you out of the hotel, just stay longer and pay for it. I know it's expensive, but a few days to look around are a lot better than taking a place you don't like, or signing a lease you cannot get out of for a year. Take your time, and look around a bit. Or, just get a room in someone elses crashpad until you finish class and have more time. Good luck to you.

For what it's worth, I live in the area and some of the nicest affordable apartments I've seen are Fort Mitchell Commons in Fort Mitchell, KY. They're two bedroom apartments, and I want to say the rent runs around $550. Quite a few elderly people live there, and it's generally a quiet area. Just off I-75... About a 10 minute drive to CVG.

For my money, the Fort Mitchell/Fort Wright/Crescent Springs KY area is a nice area to live in. It's easy to get just about anywhere. Florence, where all the shopping is, and downtown Cincinnati, are both within about 10 minutes.

Also, there seem to be a lot of airline types that live in the Lakeside Village Apartments in Fort Mitchell. I used be Assistant Chief of the Fort Mitchell Life Squad, and a dispatcher for Kenton County, KY, so I kind of have a feel for what areas are less "trouble" than others.

Good luck to all of you! Hope to join you at some time in the future!

Scott

Latest resources

Back