• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

House Bill Extends Pilot Retirement

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Congressional elections are in the minority! The guys that changing the age 60 rule in Congress were elected by a minority number of citizens!

There is a reason the status reps vote for the ALPA president. Because the avg. ALPA member has not taken the proper level of repsonsbility. The vote would be a pop culture show, with the elected guy or gal being who every has the snappiest slogan and best gimmicks.

Good point, but I am actually glad that only a minority of citizens vote (inluding pilots) because I only think a minority are capable of making good judgement and following the issues. People who take the time to vote are generally more intelligent. Just look at Paris Hilton who campaigned for the "Vote or Die" program but didn't even bother voting herself. I am glad she didn't vote =)

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter."([/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Winston Churchill) [/FONT]

C'mon sister.... just because the ALPA membership negates thier responsibilites doesn't mean the Officers should. that would be too easy for you. Sorry. Some of us take the profession too seriously to make it too convienent for you to be irresponsibile.

You've gotten down to name calling... nice. So the importance of age 60/65 and ALPA's creditibility comes down to me being a tool. Understood.

No problem REZ, it's the memberships fault as always. Believe it or not, I think I can speak for most of the Flightinfo crowd that you have beaten that lame excuse into our heads enough. I know you subscribe to the theory that if you keep repeating that often enough it soothes you into actually believe that is the root of the problem with the ALPA empire.

You are a tool REZ. Maybe not personally but your beliefs in a dying, bloated, politically corrupt organization that has completely lost touch with their membership make you come across as one when you defend Herndon to the point of lunacy.

Now go shine some EVP' s shoes. If you tell them that you are back blaming the membership on e-boards, you may even get to be Prater's bitch for a day or so. That is if PCL left the building.

Last edited:
No problem REZ, it's the memberships fault as always.

No it is a shared responsibility. But the one thing that each individiual can control RIGHT NOW. is there particaption in thier careers!

Believe it or not, I think I can speak for most of the Flightinfo crowd that you have beaten that lame excuse into our heads enough.

And yet nothing changes. Why? Why do pilots and Americans refuse to particapte in self governement?

Answer requested!

I know you subscribe to the theory that if you keep repeating that often enough it soothes you into actually believe that is the root of the problem with the ALPA empire.

empire? I doubt it.

You are a tool REZ. Maybe not personally but your beliefs in a dying, bloated, politically corrupt organization that has completely lost touch with their membership make you come across as one when you defend Herndon to the point of lunacy.

The same applies to our way of gov't as Americans. What does that say about all of us?

Now go shine some EVP' s shoes. If you tell them that you are back blaming the membership on e-boards, you may even get to be Prater's bitch for a day or so. That is if PCL left the building.

The sooner you get past this...the sooner we can be more effective.

Realistically, I am interested in the members educated thoughts on the matter... its hard to move forward... progress.. when this is what is offered.

Get educated, get informed, come back and effect positive change.

As The World Turns, Another DAY In Our Lives

great - as if it is not bad enough we miss alot (fam,kids,friends,ect...) while tolling away in the cockpit now we get to die there as well.

Latest resources

Back